No announcement yet.

MGM Grand and Caesars Palace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGM Grand and Caesars Palace

With the T-Mobile Arena seemingly getting all the big fights in LV, is there any future for the MGM Grand? I kinda miss seeing the place on TV, small as it was.

Also, does Caesars Palace do big fights anymore? I haven't read about any significant events occurring there since the 1990s.

you kinda miss it? lol bro its not goen anywhere and the t mobile arena has been around a year

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      you kinda miss it? lol bro its not goen anywhere and the t mobile arena has been around a year
      I know but like, I got so used to it being the venue in LV for all the big matches, but now it's sort of been downgraded to Mandalay Bay and Thomas & Mack levels.

Comment

Isn't Tmobile arena just the new MGM Grand arena? Thats how I think of it. So all the fights that were happening at the MGM Grand in the past now happen at Tmobile. Can fit more people in there & make more money on the gate. And its still owned by MGM.

Idk if Caesars still does fights or not. I definitely don't recall of anything recently.

One random thing I'll throw out about watching fights in Vegas is if you get a chance to watch a fight at the Pearl arena at Palms definitely go. Not a bad seat in the house & a nice intimate setting for watching fights. Obviously for that reason they won't be showing the biggest fights in Vegas there, but its a perfect venue for random fights with semi-names, good prospect fights or guys who can't draw yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Isn't Tmobile arena just the new MGM Grand arena? Thats how I think of it. So all the fights that were happening at the MGM Grand in the past now happen at Tmobile. Can fit more people in there & make more money on the gate. And its still owned by MGM.
          Yea, I guess, but it's the same feeling I get with Barclays Center in NY – the classic MSG is hardly getting any big fights anymore, as if it's been downgraded in importance like the MGM. I'm a sucker for familiarity and hate change. I genuinely liked the look of the arena on TV... Almost cosy.

Idk if Caesars still does fights or not. I definitely don't recall of anything recently.
          The last event there according to BoxRec was in '06. I wonder if the other arenas (MGM, MB and T&M) superceded it in terms of revenue, or Caesars simply gave up on boxing.

One random thing I'll throw out about watching fights in Vegas is if you get a chance to watch a fight at the Pearl arena at Palms definitely go. Not a bad seat in the house & a nice intimate setting for watching fights. Obviously for that reason they won't be showing the biggest fights in Vegas there, but its a perfect venue for random fights with semi-names, good prospect fights or guys who can't draw yet.
          Nice, I'll remember that. I've always preferred smaller halls for sports and concerts than massive arenas with 10,000+ people around me (O2 in London is fucking horrible...)

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Yea, I guess, but it's the same feeling I get with Barclays Center in NY – the classic MSG is hardly getting any big fights anymore, as if it's been downgraded in importance like the MGM. I'm a sucker for familiarity and hate change. I genuinely liked the look of the arena on TV... Almost cosy.
            Yea I can understand that.

The last event there according to BoxRec was in '06. I wonder if the other arenas (MGM, MB and T&M) superceded it in terms of revenue, or Caesars simply gave up on boxing.
            2006??!??!?! Damn. I wouldn't have guessed its been THAT long.

Nice, I'll remember that. I've always preferred smaller halls for sports and concerts than massive arenas with 10,000+ people around me (O2 in London is fucking horrible...)
            Yea me too. I hate being ringside or too far back so those no bad seats venues are great to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              I know but like, I got so used to it being the venue in LV for all the big matches, but now it's sort of been downgraded to Mandalay Bay and Thomas & Mack levels.
              MGM is above TnM lol

And I'm happy boxing is moving on. In fact, over the las t18 months, we've seen big fights staged away from the typical MGM and I'm happy for that. We're also starting to see more international venues ala the early t omid 20th century .I'm glad for that. Plus the MGM looked bland.

Comment

Working...
              X