Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series - Live Draft on July 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhh usyk isn't in this thing? And why did they chose to do it with smw is confusing. That division have no drawing power or have talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      Wasn't the Ultimate Fighter a rip-off of the Contender? lol.
      Haha the Contender..man, i'd forgotten about that show.
      I was rooting for Jesse Brinkley back in season 1

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
        Is Showtime on board? anyone here read anything about TV?
        Espinoza was at the initial presser a couple months ago which has me thinking he's likely to be onboard/has a handshake first refusal offer but that's just me speculating.

He got asked if Showtime would air the tournament for either division & he said he'd have to see the full participants before he could commit to it, but he likes what he's seen so far. So we should probably now on or before this July 8 show who'll be showing it.

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Have they already determined the 16 fighters? I think CW is missing like a couple and so is SMW.
        Nope. CW gots 4 guys & SMW only gots Groves so still 11 spots to fill in the next 2ish weeks. Tabiti is rumored to be one of the guys in the CW tournament. Callum Smith has expressed interest in the SMW tournament but he wants the Dirrell fight still so idk how that'll work out. Usyk's promoter said he was going to be or hinted that he'd be in a few days ago iirc.

The CW tournament is gonna be good already, but if they get Usyk & Glow it might be the most high level tournament ever between top guys.

Originally posted by cork View Post
        Uhh usyk isn't in this thing? And why did they chose to do it with smw is confusing. That division have no drawing power or have talent.
        Usyk's promoter said something about him being involved, but I've not seen anything official or confirmed yet.

Comment

I'm really excited for this. Single-elimination should eliminate a lot of the problems the Super 6 had. Plus allowing the top 4 to handpick their first round opponent is also intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            I'm really excited for this. Single-elimination should eliminate a lot of the problems the Super 6 had. Plus allowing the top 4 to handpick their first round opponent is also intriguing.
            Idk why the WBSS worded it like that "top 4 pick their first round opponent", but only the top 3 are really picking their opponent cuz after the first 3 guys pick opponents there are only 2 guys left so its not much of a choice for that 4th guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Idk why the WBSS worded it like that "top 4 pick their first round opponent", but only the top 3 are really picking their opponent cuz after the first 3 guys pick opponents there are only 2 guys left so its not much of a choice for that 4th guy.
              Lol thats true. I wonder how seeding is determined though.

Comment

Here's the tweet about Usyk. Coppinger is a legit guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Lol thats true. I wonder how seeding is determined though.
                  I believe they said they had some sorta rankings team/committee or something like that during the initial presser, but they definitely mentioned it at that time.

Comment

This tournament is shaping up to be a real spectacle. The purses are going to be the biggest they've ever had (barring Groves, maybe), a few of us are going to be surprised.

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                    Wasn't the Ultimate Fighter a rip-off of the Contender? lol.
                    K9 Bundrage, Paul Smith, Bika, Vera, Sergio 'the Latin snake' Mora & more. Best sports reality show EVER.
                    Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 06-23-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Great if Usyk is involved. What a tournament that would be.

It was surprising when 168 was picked as one of the divisions, more surprising that they might have done it without having many of the top names involved. I guess ideally would be something like Dirrell-Smith, Eubank Jr, DeGale, Groves, Benavidez. Then other interesting possibilities would be Yildirim maybe, Uzcat, Quillin? I'm guessing Arum wouldn't let Ramirez or Hart enter but maybe he's more open to the idea than he would've been before the issues with HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X