No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell - WHERE IS HE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell - WHERE IS HE?

Where is Andre Dirrell? I thought he was supposed to be back and fighting regularly again after returning from injury a few years ago. He had 3 fights in 2014 against bums but I give him a pass due to inactivity/injury and then 5 months later fought DeGale and lost in May 2015. He has had ONE fight since in April 2016 and hasn't fought since and hasn't got anything scheduled either from what I can see.

It's a damn shame. I think the Andre Dirrell of old could have been ruling 168 and given the likes of Kovalev a real go, similar in a way to a Lara v Canelo matchup perhaps. He is 33 now, wasted the best years of his prime. I hope he doesn't return in a few years broke with the realisation that he ****ed up and still try and make it. His style was so technical, really slick boxer who could still be involved in some good matchups but I think his mind wasn't there 100%. Physically he had some real gifts, really quick, athletic, good footwork and had a good skillset. I think in terms of pure talent he should have wiped the floor with Froch but Froch had that tenacity, that heart and will that just kept him going and led to him to get a somewhat dubious decision (depends who you ask).

I seen on here he's gonna be fighting Peter Quillin.

Comment

Working...
    X