Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin Must Raise PPV Numbers To Get Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't be mad at this. For Cotto this logic makes sense.

I think most would agree he only gots a couple fights left. And he's in it for $$$ not belts these days. If something makes more $$$-sense then GGG it'd be the smart move to make. Cotto's legacy is largely written. He doesn't really need to take any specific road. His road need only led to the most $$$.

Thing is this IS a business so I'm sure that they could come up with a deal with anyone that would make any fight worth it for Cotto, but the B side gots to be cool with that.

Having said all that I still expect Cotto to come up short vs Canelo so none of this will matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
      Yeah, he needs to reach that level of fame in the US and PPV-records that Delvin Rodriguez and Daniel Gaele had. I get it. It makes sense.
      Exactly. Bunch of ******* team Cotto has turned out to be. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Karma is a b1tch....Sanchez said the same **** about Ward..lol
        Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Hey Sanchez said Ward has to get to Willie Monroe and David Lemiuex status to fight GGG
        Lol GGG fans don't know what to do with themselves now. He got punked by Ward and started talking A-Side and **** having to make financial sense for him. Now look who's telling who about their super star status after those incompetent ppv numbers was released. Lol

Comment

Lame.

If you are the champion and avoid your "more than a year" mando, it isn't right, period.

Don't care about popularity or PPV numbers

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            Exactly. Bunch of ******* team Cotto has turned out to be. Very sad.
            Oh and your boy Canelo is a certified G right??? He's fighting Golovkin right after he beats Cotto. Yup, at the full 160 too like a true warrior right??? Lol get the **** outta here bro!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Lol GGG fans don't know what to do with themselves now. He got punked by Ward and started talking A-Side and **** having to make financial sense for him. Now look who's telling who about their super star status after those incompetent ppv numbers was released. Lol
              **** is down right hilarious...and they actually think the WBC will strip either Cotto or Canelo for GGG???? WBC is about that money and GGG does not bring money

Comment

Shrug, a duck to be expected. There are two things that not being mentioned though:
                1) Outside of a rematch, or by miracle getting another fight w Pac or Floyd, Golovkin's the biggest money maker left.
                2) While both Cotto & Canelo are definitely more popular than Golovkin, their talk doesn't match the actual draw power. Cotto and Canelo, by themselves, draw 350k PPVs. Those are good numbers, but they fall awfully short against all other megastars.

To put this in perspective, both Canelo & Cotta have fought on Mayweather's PPVs and obviously had exposure to a very wide audience. Despite that, their most recent events against good, but not popular fighters, generated 300-350k.

Comment

excuses and more excuses by cotto team. roach knows he has to advantages(crippled sergio,drained geale,journeyman delvin) to make cotto look good in the eyes of the naive and blind cotto fans.

Comment

Well Well Well, how the tables have turned...............

Comment

Damn mr 97k just got put in his place, I expect a full riot of lil g nuthuggers screaming mando,duck,etc etc, progressive Jedi to quote 20 posts at a time like the norm on anything to do with protecting mr 97k

Comment

Working...
                      X