Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BoMac: The world sees ESPN treats Fury different from the way they treat Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    Bomac is right, if Bud would’ve done and said even half of the things Fury said, he would be getting booed going into the ring unless it was in Omaha!

Fury has yet to even defend a title and has never swept his division!

He always jets with excuses whenever real comp arrives!

Bud need to drop Bob if he can’t deliver Spence next year!
    So what? Look at all the things Floyd and Broner have said, and they still earned big pay days being the heal. Crawford's problem is (a) he is not charismatic (b) hasn't fought an elite level fighter yet and (c) re-signed with Arum knowing full well that there were no other WWs at Top Rank to match him against for the long haul.

I'm not so sure signing with PBC gets him much closer to a fight with Spence. It seems to me Spence is the one who doesn't want it. No reason this fight can't be made between PBC and TR, other than Spence doesn't feel it's a 50-50 split of the purse.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      They made their bed and now they have to lie in it. But I get why they’re upset. All that promotion and only 5K paid for Fury’s last fight. Bud has done bigger numbers than that...in Vegas. They probably believe if they got the same push, they could do even better.
      Got the numbers for the Horn fight in Vegas:

Sold: 5,236
      Comps: 939
      Gate: $932,206.00

So less tickets sold with a higher gate. Not bad.

If BoMac wants to be upset that ESPN/TR is giving Fury a bigger promotion, that is fine. But dude has been at the top since 2013 and is what he is at this point. His PPV numbers against Khan were terrible and he has no pathway of becoming a bigger star anytime soon. By the time he gets his potential big star making fight, it will likely be too late as he will be approaching 35. They need to accept what Bud is and just try to make the most money as possible the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Crawford has class... that loud mouthed Brit doesn’t.
        Terence has "Speak softly and carry a big stick" down very well! I'm a big Crawford fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Bomac is right, if Bud would’ve done and said even half of the things Fury said, he would be getting booed going into the ring unless it was in Omaha!

Fury has yet to even defend a title and has never swept his division!

He always jets with excuses whenever real comp arrives!

Bud need to drop Bob if he can’t deliver Spence next year!
          Crawford best wins = Khan and Postol
          Fure best wins = Wilder and Klit

Sure buddy. I know you prefer Crawford cause he black ( even though you will tel me otherwise ) but Fury has a better resume than Crawford. In fact, Crawford has one of the weakest resume for a suppose top 3 P4P.

Crawford ios the good but is resume is pure trash

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

If BoMac wants to be upset that ESPN/TR is giving Fury a bigger promotion, that is fine. But dude has been at the top since 2013 and is what he is at this point. His PPV numbers against Khan were terrible and he has no pathway of becoming a bigger star anytime soon. By the time he gets his potential big star making fight, it will likely be too late as he will be approaching 35. They need to accept what Bud is and just try to make the most money as possible the rest of his career.
            Forget the guy is already in his 30s. Very weak resume... They like to cry about the white man but the guy isnt someone you can promote good. He has no personality and he has a weak resume. If he fights Spence and beats him you will see him get promoted way more. Even if he signs to fight him you will see huge promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Nice work. Yeah, they screwed up by re-upping. Sounds like they realize it but why didn’t they see this before? I have my suspicions but I’ll keep them to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                He also said they only have a couple more fights with ESPN. They'll renegotiate a better deal or move on.

Timestamped

- -BoMac needs a diet .

Comment

Yeah it is obvious, HOWEVER to be fair Fury actually has Personality, Bud doesn't, well at least not in front of the Camera

Yeah, he should feel a certain way as far as how ESPN rolled out the RED Carpet and as trying to compare Fury to Ali. Totally different compared to how they cover Crawford in which they spend most of the time during his events talking about Lomachenko

Also Arum does this to Shakur Stevenson who actually won a Olympic Medal...but for whatever reason Michael Conlan and Teofimo Lopez seems more of a Priority. Again it could come down to PERSONALITY in this situation as well

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Nice work. Yeah, they screwed up by re-upping. Sounds like they realize it but why didn’t they see this before? I have my suspicions but I’ll keep them to myself.
                    A loophole in the contract where it would have been hard for him to get out of it and Bob would have been able to extend it?

Bud could have worked with Top Rank all he wanted, but there was no reason for him to extend if it was in his own power. He just lost out on some potential fights and even if he wasn't to sign with the PBC, he would have had more leverage with TR. I do think he ends up getting the Spence fight next year so it will work out decent for him, but doesn't make the decision any less questionable.

Comment

crawford's got almost zero personality. they wanted to paint him as a good guy / family man, but he's on camera basically strong arm robbing an auto mechanic.

fury is a real character. the guy is funny and he's a compelling personaility. he's also , you know, 6'8" tall and larger than life in that regard. crawford is a WW. prior to ray leonard there had never really been stars at WW. since then you've had a few, but have you ever really had any at a time when you had great, compelling american HW divisions?

robinson made most of his money at middleweight, for example. and the HW always made more money. had to move up and fight lamotta, win and lose the MW championship half a dozen times, to get there.

that's just how it is. complaining won't get them anywhere. crawford needs an identity. floyd was a villain. leonard and oscar were the boy next door. pacquiao was a novelty. trinidad was a killer and an icon in his home country.

what's crawford?

i will agree with one thing, they need to serious think about whether ornot they want to sign bob arum. we all know what the plan was. stick with bob, get the pacquiao fight, and hope the world watches and you become a star. never happened. pacquiao declined too much and jumped ship. basically every other top drawing welterweight works for al haymon. expect crawford to sign with haymon and get the spence fight in 2021 if it's true that they really only have 2 fihts left with bob.

Comment

Working...
                      X