Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 PM #31
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 12509 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 146,968.81
Total Points: 158,668.23
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Have you been to an Alamo Draft House, Redd?

Can't beat that whole experience of ordering food and beer and having it brought to your seat while watching a movie on a huge screen.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:01 AM #32
The ugly American

Quoted: 9259 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 115,796.99
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 
Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 
The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony 
Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony 

I'm noticing more of those 'dinner and a movie' type movie theaters popping up.

They serve food, and some even have luxury seating like recliners.

Some don't allow kids, and will throw out people for talking or using their phone (Alamo Drafthouse started that).
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:28 AM #33
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13011 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 1,042,990.98
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev 
Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 
No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Have you been to an Alamo Draft House, Redd?

Can't beat that whole experience of ordering food and beer and having it brought to your seat while watching a movie on a huge screen.
Went to one of those last year (not sure if that's the same name or not). Was a compromise because I promised I'd go to a movie with my girl but she knows I get bored in theaters. Was real cool. Staff really had their shyt together, which surprised me. Food was decent. There was a good amount of space, which is my biggest problem with regular theaters, being sandwiched with strangers.

I told my girl I'd go again next time there's anything worth going to the 5th theater for, which might be a while.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:40 AM #34
1 John 2:22

Quoted: 5440 Post(s)
Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,224.05
Total Points: 84,903.88
Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader twenty! - MANIAC310 
Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 
:luvbed: - jose830 thanks for fast payoff. good fight!! - Psylence83 No Message - hhs661 No Message - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Happy Easter, Bud. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, and pray that God keeps you safe so you can be with those you love at the end of your tour. - DionysusX happy father's day - DionysusX Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler Cool stories, bro... - anthonydavid11 To Plant, congrats. - dan_cov 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I prefer just staying at home and watching movies if I ever do. Not a fan of crowds and don't want to be bothered with overpaying for snacks. I can't remember the last time I saw a preview and actually wanted to go see a movie. The past couple of times I went was for the kids. If I do go I'll only go to theaters that have recliners and you can order food and have them bring it to you. As close to a home experience as you can get
Rip Chudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 507 Post(s)
HeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,764.16
Total Points: 20,368.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
If it's a cinematic masterpiece like Apocalypse Now or Once Upon A Time In The West (both of which were before my time but regardless..), it's got my full attention. But, how often do those come along? All this CGI heavy shy bores me to tears because it doesn't feel real. It's like a video game except I can't interact with it.
Watching classics at the cinema is worth doing, if you can find an independent cinema. I agree about the CGI-heavy comment, a lot of modern cinema feels soulless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
I've watched The Godfather and Full Metal Jacket over 100 times though...
FMJ was filmed in 35mm; it's worth watching it at the cinema on a reel, if possible, see it how Kubrick meant it to be seen, it makes a massive difference. Especially considering Kubrick was such a perfectionist. I saw '2001' on 70mm, it blew me away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
Doesn't help that the quality of most of todays movies suck.
True that. I like this guy's analysis of why that is: [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
HeadBodyBodyBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:58 AM #36
Contender

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Razor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond reputeRazor Ramon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 10,811.54
Drink up, sir.  Bad ass avi.... - anthonydavid11 

I like the cinema. Unless you dedicate your house to it, huge screen that dominates your biggest room, speakers in multiple positions etc, you'll never recreate the cinema film experience. Certain types of film which are more about the visuals are better watched that way.
Razor Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:10 AM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 15696 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 128,994.09
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWins View Post
i mean unless they come out with a new app that allows you to stream the big blockbuster new releases (not the illegal poor quality stream sites) then movie theaters will always be a thing.
Oh crap, not those videos where itís all outta focus, and people get up to take a man dump, and chit, ..

Thatís the kids vcd butler gets 4 free, wit people farting, brothers be yelling at the screen, ďdonít open that doorĒ ď run Forrest runĒ...

Iím familiar with this crap...
you can buy breaking bad in Tagalog for 7 dollars. With Chinese subtitles... and lumpia to go, pasig city..
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:15 AM #38
Undisputed Champion

Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
I like the cinema. Unless you dedicate your house to it, huge screen that dominates your biggest room, speakers in multiple positions etc, you'll never recreate the cinema film experience. Certain types of film which are more about the visuals are better watched that way.
Agreed, my wife loves film, so do I. Our dream home will be a tiny home, big kitchen, and small theatre underground.

Iím flying in an audio engineer, acoustic engineer, and a screen maker.. king Jong would like the direction we are taking.

Ever been to Monterey film festival...??
Old 06-25-2019, 06:36 AM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Went to one of those last year (not sure if that's the same name or not). Was a compromise because I promised I'd go to a movie with my girl but she knows I get bored in theaters. Was real cool. Staff really had their shyt together, which surprised me. Food was decent. There was a good amount of space, which is my biggest problem with regular theaters, being sandwiched with strangers.

I told my girl I'd go again next time there's anything worth going to the 5th theater for, which might be a while.
If you ever show up, Iíll take you to a place in Roppongi Hills, tix like 2 bills per, my buddie owns it, seats like 80 ppl max, they screen new movies, watch old old movies,
Drink fine wines from enoteca, c Margaux red wine, Ernest Hemingwayís vinyard in France, named after his daughter. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

My wife saved all the labels...

Iím the guy that gets crapped on...

Iím good with ripple, coors, Bud, Gallo wine by the gallons, plastic bag kinda wino... popping corks, and smelling them, f all that... my wife however, loves it when a so called wine expert comes over and chooses a wine to fit a dessert...sommelier....

Iím good with drink, Cheetos, and Freito pie..
Old 06-25-2019, 06:55 AM #40
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13011 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 1,042,990.98
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev 
Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 
No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
Well, sometimes you do actually...
I have an acoustically treated recording studio in my home and I put a 55" OLED between two THX approved speakers. I find it a much better visual and audio experience than any theater I've been to. But, realistically, know people don't have that kind of access to high end audio so I admit this is uncommon, though I do know a few guys in my biz who have similar setups.

My vision is better close than it is far so I like a closer screen vs sitting far away from a larger one. Perception wise, the size equals out to the same but the details, colors, and crispness of the refresh is better at home on the oled than it is with any projected image.

After that, it comes down to the sense of space, whether someone likes the sound reverberating in the room and the overall feeling of being in a theater. It's not my thing but I respect that some people dig that, especially for nostalgic reasons.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
move, theaters, thing??

User Tag List