Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with Arum that a Fury-Wilder 2 will be bigger than Mayweather-Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with Arum that a Fury-Wilder 2 will be bigger than Mayweather-Pacquiao?

His main point seems to rest that historically the heavyweight fights have been bigger events than the lower weight classes. However Mayweather was a huge boxing star and was popular for years prior to the Pacquiao fight so was Manny.

Fury seems to have just made a name for himself in the US and Wilder despite being American has never been a real household name. With several months to go between the expected rematch can Fury-Wilder make up the difference?

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
    His main point seems to rest that historically the heavyweight fights have been bigger events than the lower weight classes. However Mayweather was a huge boxing star and was popular for years prior to the Pacquiao fight so was Manny.

Fury seems to have just made a name for himself in the US and Wilder despite being American has never been a real household name. With several months to go between the expected rematch can Fury-Wilder make up the difference?
    No he hasn't.

Comment

Sure
      The same way I thought Schwartz had a chance last night

Comment

He's a salesman by trade; A promoter. So Bob's job is to help sell this fight the best that he knows how. However, if I was advising Arum I would tell him that Fury's bouts needs more mainstream television exposure because he won't sell anything fighting over the internet. He would become very isolated and hard to find on that platform.

Comment

He's right about HW fights usually being bigger but comparing that to May/Pac is stupid and Bob knows this. May/Pac was once in a lifetime.

Doing Canelo/GGG I numbers is more realistic

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            No he hasn't.
            I agree. Fighting over the internet won't make himself a household name among casual fans in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              He's right about HW fights usually being bigger but comparing that to May/Pac is stupid and Bob knows this. May/Pac was once in a lifetime.

Doing Canelo/GGG I numbers is more realistic
              not even that i think, nevertheless think it will do good though around 600000-700000

Comment

May/Pac were recognizable names everywhere, internationally and most of all with casuals. This bout will be very big because the HW division is getting talked about a lot more than usual. If they market and promote it well then yeah it could be huge, but not on the May/Pac level.

It will be huger, I mean HUUUGER internationally than AJ vs either of the two until after the result. Then I believe the winner of this one vs winner of AJ/Ruiz will be the biggest HW draw in many years. Maybe ever now that the whole world can stream it into their homes, flats, huts, igloos, whatever.

Comment

Hell No! However, the fight will do big numbers, much bigger than the first fight now. He got this marination Process for this fight 100% Right as long as Wilder and Fury keep winning. The fight is going to be HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                    not even that i think, nevertheless think it will do good though around 600000-700000
                    I mean he should hyping it to that level instead of May/Pac. I don't think it'll do more either

Comment

Working...
                    X