No announcement yet.

When Canelo signed with DAZN GGG was not in the plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Canelo signed with DAZN GGG was not in the plans

GGG came to DAZN months later following Canelo. When Canelo took that deal he took it to map out his own course. He felt the GGG rivalry was behind him & had moved on.

I know DAZN has some say in who Canelo fights but Canelo is the only one bringing in subscribers to the app so he has just as much leverage.

So what happens when Canelo tells them he's not fighting GGG until GGG fights a belt holder or someone with a pulse like Jacobs who deserves a rematch?

GGG disappeared for a long while after the rematch. Unlike guys like Pac, Maidana and others, fans always knew their whereabouts, hints of coming back, what's going on in their lives currently. This guy GGG just disappeared. His own local media can't talk to him. Nothing. He's a sore loser.

So you're right. Canelo and team signed with DAZN without GGG in their minds. They can confidently move on without him. Then GGG finally appeared and I was hoping he signs with PBC and fight Charlo. They picked DAZN and became thorns again on Canelo's back.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      GGG came to DAZN months later following Canelo. When Canelo took that deal he took it to map out his own course. He felt the GGG rivalry was behind him & had moved on.

I know DAZN has some say in who Canelo fights but Canelo is the only one bringing in subscribers to the app so he has just as much leverage.

So what happens when Canelo tells them he's not fighting GGG until GGG fights a belt holder or someone with a pulse like Jacobs who deserves a rematch?
      What happens?? It's obvious. Canelo achieves his objective of avoiding Golokin for at least another year at all costs.. Why you have to create a thread to understand something a 6 year old can plainly see is beyond me.

Comment

Canelo has leverage but he also has a deal that pays him more money if he helps drive more subs to DAZN from my understanding. And Canelo vs GGG III is gonna bring more subs to DAZN than Canelo vs Andrade or Callum Smith. So Canelo is f#cking up his own upside by not fighting GGG. And if Canelo drives enough subs to DAZN his next deal could be for $1B or something f#cking nuts like that potentially.

And obviously we know DAZN wants Canelo vs GGG III & there isn't really any negative for them if they get their way.

I get why Canelo/GBP realllllllly don't want GGG next doe. Its not all this belt bs fanboys keep talking about. GGG is a hard fight. He's been a hard fight twice. He'll likely be a hard fight a 3rd time. You only got so many hard fights in you & you'd like to stretch them out among time & different fighters. In this MW division idk if thats happening doe. Canelo & GGG seem to be the top 2 guys despite it being a deeper division now & I think its a virtual lock these two fight a 3rd time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Canelo has leverage but he also has a deal that pays him more money if he helps drive more subs to DAZN from my understanding. And Canelo vs GGG III is gonna bring more subs to DAZN than Canelo vs Andrade or Callum Smith. So Canelo is f#cking up his own upside by not fighting GGG. And if Canelo drives enough subs to DAZN his next deal could be for $1B or something f#cking nuts like that potentially.

And obviously we know DAZN wants Canelo vs GGG III & there isn't really any negative for them if they get their way.

I get why Canelo/GBP realllllllly don't want GGG next doe. Its not all this belt bs fanboys keep talking about. GGG is a hard fight. He's been a hard fight twice. He'll likely be a hard fight a 3rd time. You only got so many hard fights in you & you'd like to stretch them out among time & different fighters. In this MW division idk if thats happening doe. Canelo & GGG seem to be the top 2 guys despite it being a deeper division now & I think its a virtual lock these two fight a 3rd time.
          The point you brought out about the subs would explain why DAZN picked Rolls out of the list Loeffler gave them. Golovkin should just give Canelo a public offer with a deadline to sign and wait for DAZN to persuade Canelo to negotiate. Just saying he wants to fight him won't cut it. If he doesn't get his fight then move on. He's wasted too much time on Canelo and won't get a fair shake in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            The point you brought out about the subs would explain why DAZN picked Rolls out of the list Loeffler gave them.
            No idea what you mean here. Who else was on the list?

And GGG is popular, but Canelo is getting subs for DAZN on a whole other level than GGG is. GGG just coming to the platform & the allure of a trilogy fight between these two mighta gotten some cats to do a double take on DAZN doe.

Golovkin should just give Canelo a public offer with a deadline to sign and wait for DAZN to persuade Canelo to negotiate.
            GGG is in no position of power to make an offer. He's the B side. Oscar will be writing the checks for this trilogy fight when it happens not Tom or GGG.

Just saying he wants to fight him won't cut it. If he doesn't get his fight then move on. He's wasted too much time on Canelo and won't get a fair shake in Vegas.
            None of this matters. Unless one or both lose the fight happens in May or earlier. This is the fight casuals will come to watch a 3rd time. Casuals don't give a f#ck about Canelo vs Callum or GGG vs Andrade.

And these two are among the few boxers casual fans know so DAZN can & will use that to their advantage & make a fight between them sooner rather than later cuz while they might not have the power or desire to use their power so heavily for September they aren't going to wait too long to make this fight when GGG is near his last days in the game & is past prime already.

Comment

GGG is a hard fight, but Callum Smith is a hard fight too. Andrade is a hard fight. Even Saunders is a risky fight. Canelo's deal with DAZN is a loss-leader by design; He's getting paid insane money to drive subscriptions, but everyone understands he isn't going to do that by fighting soft touches.

Canelo-Golovkin is a brand in itself that has done over a million buys twice in the post-Mayweather world. Running that fight again on September 16th or May 5th would put DAZN subscriptions through the fucking roof.

I don't think there's any question for all parties involved that Canelo-GGG III happens in September or May.

I don't know what DAZN's timetable or numbers are, but to me September seems a little soon. Can Mungia fight on DAZN? Personally I'd like I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo fight Mungia in September (that fight would do good business and entertain) and then Golovkin in May.
              Last edited by paulf; 06-11-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
                GGG disappeared for a long while after the rematch. Unlike guys like Pac, Maidana and others, fans always knew their whereabouts, hints of coming back, what's going on in their lives currently. This guy GGG just disappeared. His own local media can't talk to him. Nothing. He's a sore loser.

So you're right. Canelo and team signed with DAZN without GGG in their minds. They can confidently move on without him. Then GGG finally appeared and I was hoping he signs with PBC and fight Charlo. They picked DAZN and became thorns again on Canelo's back.
                I doubt that there was no mention of GGG in the discussions of Canelo's $300 million contract.

And why would GGG sign with PBC? All the belts are at DAZN, along with Canelo.
                No disrespect to Jermall Charlo but no one's going to choose him over all that, not to mention the GGG Promotions tie in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

But Canelo vs GGG for undisputed brings more subs than Canelo vs. GGG post Rolls. Canelo knows this and that's why he keeps telling GGG to get the other belt. More money in the fight for both of them and GGG is still going to get his $15 mil fighting Andrade.

That $15 mil is way more money than he'd get fighting anyone else besides Canelo on any other network. So it's not like the reward isn't there for the risk

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Just like all the other GGG haters and Canelo himself you are afraid of a third fight because GGG might get the win. TS hater. DAZN will make Canelo fight GGG next and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                    X