No announcement yet.

Wilder/Joshua compared to Vitali/Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quaccey View Post
    I highly doubt that next generation deal. They both have To keep winning though and make the fight 50/50 pay wise and jump it before someone loses.
    Appeal is gone - they can still fight but it will never mean what it could have.
    When was the last time we had two unbeaten HW for all the belts, with >95% KO ratios, one american one british, both physically looking great...

This fight had it all. They screwed it up. I don’t think spence/crawford comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      I think he had to spend much more time getting to this size than Wlad did. Wilder could have been just as muscular IMO, but I don’t think it would be for his benefit.

I would like to see AJ at 235-240 and keep it there.
      AJ doesn’t even do normal strength training/lifting anymore.If you watch his training footage it’s all functional strength stuff and mobility, he’d be even bigger if he trained for size. Bear that in mind.

Wilder has chicken legs and could never hold that size/weight, legs are half your body after all

Comment

Appeal is gone - they can still fight but it will never mean what it could have.
        When was the last time we had two unbeaten HW for all the belts, with >95% KO ratios, one american one british, both physically looking great...

This fight had it all. They screwed it up. I don’t think spence/crawford comes close.
        How not? AJ is still a megastar in England the fight would sell substantially. Look at canelo got beat against floyd and now look. Just pick careful fights and get his confidence back. You know what his career semi was up to this point. And Wilder has shown the road warrior mindset if needed

Comment

How not? AJ is still a megastar in England the fight would sell substantially. Look at canelo got beat against floyd and now look. Just pick careful fights and get his confidence back. You know what his career semi was up to this point. And Wilder has shown the road warrior mindset if needed
          It will always do well financially, but it won’t be the next Mayweather-Pacman and it had a potential to be that big.

I think Fury beats Wilder in the rematch, AJ will beat Ruiz in the meantime and some other pulev like guy.

It will happen in late 2020, 2021, but it would be maah.

Comment

It will always do well financially, but it won’t be the next Mayweather-Pacman and it had a potential to be that big.

I think Fury beats Wilder in the rematch, AJ will beat Ruiz in the meantime and some other pulev like guy.

It will happen in late 2020, 2021, but it would be maah.
            That big? Can't agree on that. That type of fight is once in a lifetime, maybe the biggest heavyweight fight ever, that seems more appropriate. That depends solely if Wilder allows Fury to dictate the fight again and get set, but If Wilder starts early like he did late the first time then he'll get fury out of there more opportunities will present themselves.

Comment

[QUOTE=Quaccey;19798683]How not? AJ is still a megastar in England the fight would sell substantially. Look at canelo got beat against floyd and now look. Just pick careful fights and get his confidence back. You know what his career semi was up to this point. And Wilder has shown the road warrior mindset if needed[/QUOTE let's see floyd fought canelo before canelos prime. Canelo is in there prime now and if canelo was in there prime when fought floyd canelo would've won. Floyd was a start fighter towards the end either fight fighter before there prime like canelo or on the decline like pacquiao or boxers and non boxers you know you can beat all Floyd's last like 6 fights

Comment

[QUOTE=R.KHLMS4LIFE;19798768]
                How not? AJ is still a megastar in England the fight would sell substantially. Look at canelo got beat against floyd and now look. Just pick careful fights and get his confidence back. You know what his career semi was up to this point. And Wilder has shown the road warrior mindset if needed[/QUOTE let's see floyd fought canelo before canelos prime. Canelo is in there prime now and if canelo was in there prime when fought floyd canelo would've won. Floyd was a start fighter towards the end either fight fighter before there prime like canelo or on the decline like pacquiao or boxers and non boxers you know you can beat all Floyd's last like 6 fights
                Oh man not a hater. I don't have time for you in such a capacity. Andre berto wasn't faded he was out of his league major difference, and you an excuse why canelo lost well guess what I'm guessing you're one of those people who picked him to win when he had no chance back then. Floyd is in his 40s now and prime for prime Floyd would get him again his endurance was too much alone not to mention faster feet and hands. And since you said that canelo waited for G to age and Jacobs to slip a little. McGregor isn't a boxer and I'm sure you picked him and the little dude who got stopped too. Leave it alone you wanna be foolish then take that somewhere else.

Comment

That big? Can't agree on that. That type of fight is once in a lifetime, maybe the biggest heavyweight fight ever, that seems more appropriate. That depends solely if Wilder allows Fury to dictate the fight again and get set, but If Wilder starts early like he did late the first time then he'll get fury out of there more opportunities will present themselves.
                  Exactly my point. It has zero chance of being in top10 all time HW fights anymore, IMO.

Wilder only has a punchers chance agains Fury. I actually think he "started" from the 1st round and tried to catch Fury. It made him look silly.

Fury will be much better in the rematch, much sharper, much better shape. It will be so convincing that AJ-Wilder appeal will be almost all gone.

Comment

Exactly my point. It has zero chance of being in top10 all time HW fights anymore, IMO.

Wilder only has a punchers chance agains Fury. I actually think he "started" from the 1st round and tried to catch Fury. It made him look silly.

Fury will be much better in the rematch, much sharper, much better shape. It will be so convincing that AJ-Wilder appeal will be almost all gone.
                    Fury will do no better that was his golden chance, and it didn't pan out for him. He went for the knockout and it didn't do him justice when he relaxed and timed it he had Fury really out of it. Glad you don't like wilder to the point you think Fury will do magic and win the rematch when he could've took the rematch instead of Tom. Talk is cheap real stay quiet and handle it.

Comment

Good points here. I agree. Actually I think Joshua fought stupid way, he should have Ruiz on distance, jabing him, and simple clinching when Ruiz tried to come closer. Instead of that he let Ruiz doing his gunshot combinations from close distance.

Joshua should study Wladimir`s style.

Comment

Working...
                      X