Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Must See Boxing TV Now? Who's Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    Can’t forget about David Benavides
    I'm long term bull on Benavides, but I think he needs to do more before he's Must See level sh^t. I think he'll have to do some damage at 175 before he'll be seriously in the running. Not enough at 168 for him to become THAT big. 175 gots a lot of compelling fights that could blow someone up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Inoue is still in boxing hipster territory for me. Lil guys gotta do crazy sh^t or just get super hype (like Loma & Tank) to become Must See level sh^t to me

I suspect casuals have no clue who he is.

I made a honorable mention/not quite must see TV list & Broner was on it so yea I agree even if Broner keeps losing if he won a big fight here or there I suspect I'd have to add him to the list.

Randomly I almost see Broner as a celebrity boxer these days. He's f#cking KSI or Logan Paul almost to me. Thats how much I see him as a personality who happens to box more than a boxer with a interesting personality.
      Fair points, I was thinking must see TV for myself and not to the general public.

I'm not sure how popular he can get being a japanese fighter at 118 and who doesnt speak english, but I went to his fight in glasgow and that dude was somehow really well received there. The whole stadium was even booing rodriguez, as if he was fighting against their hometown guy lol.

Comment

Who's Must See TV for you?
        In no particular order, the fighters I go out of my way to watch are Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Big Baby Miller, Efe Ejagba, Billy Joe Saunders, Errol Spence, Luis Ortiz and Adrien Broner.

Comment

Of course most don't care about the smaller guys unfortunately but I will show them some love, these little guys comes to FIGHT...
          Inoue
          Estrada
          Zolani Tete
          Luis Nery
          Sor Rungvisai
          Emanuel Navarrete

Who I don't want to watch...
          All of Mayweather Fighters (Besides Tank and Rolly) that one punch at a time Shoulder Roll Sh#T needs to stop! None of them are Mayweather!

Also Terrell Gausha and BOTH Barthelemy Brothers
          Last edited by sicko; 05-22-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

The only interesting fighters are Canelo, Inoue, Spence, Estrada, Davis (if he gets an abortion and gets matched tougher), Joshua, and Lomachenko (in the right fights).

Crawford is a great fighter but his fights have bored me recently.

M. Garcia was interesting but he lost all of his appeal after fist pumping when he lost every round to Spence.

Wilder fights are more like a circus show.

Comment

Inoue is still in boxing hipster territory for me. Lil guys gotta do crazy sh^t or just get super hype (like Loma & Tank) to become Must See level sh^t to me

I suspect casuals have no clue who he is.

I made a honorable mention/not quite must see TV list & Broner was on it so yea I agree even if Broner keeps losing if he won a big fight here or there I suspect I'd have to add him to the list.

Randomly I almost see Broner as a celebrity boxer these days. He's f#cking KSI or Logan Paul almost to me. Thats how much I see him as a personality who happens to box more than a boxer with a interesting personality.
              It's funny you mention that about Broner, because I've been viewing him the same for a while now too. Like when he got the Manny fight I was like "Buy Pacquao is actually a boxer" haha

Comment

LOL bro you are a harsh fan.

I remember just a week or two ago you said no fight was PPV worthy.

Now no one is Must See TV.

Damn man you ain't a glass half empty fan you a who f#cking stole my glass fan.
                I have nothing against any of them. It's just that when it comes to skills, watching Wilder or Joshua doesn't do it for me. I know KOs are exciting and all. If you look at ones I chose, they are all highly skilled and fun to watch.

I'd pay Davis-Lomachenko if it was priced reasonably, like $39.99 or something similar.

Comment

Without question mine is Deontay wilder. He is the most exciting and entertaining fighter with the best crowd pleasing style of any boxer today; Hands down and bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    I have nothing against any of them. It's just that when it comes to skills, watching Wilder or Joshua doesn't do it for me. I know KOs are exciting and all. If you look at ones I chose, they are all highly skilled and fun to watch.

I'd pay Davis-Lomachenko if it was priced reasonably, like $39.99 or something similar.
                    Fair play, but again you said NO ONE was must watch TV.

You're name should be BoxingIsntGreat.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                      I like Katie Taylor, have seen her fight live once, but which fights have been must See TV?

Taylor looks good compared to her competition, but she is rather one dimensional and lacks power. Not sure what is must see tv about her.
                      It's not her fault if she's too good for her competition. That's why I said match them well. I believe the right opponent would bring the best out of her.

Comment

Working...
                      X