Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you ok with in laws staying with you for a month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why you just never upgrade from a studio apartment or a motorcycle. Nobody can ever stay with you or get a ride from you. Plan ahead.

Comment

Well first of all you have to give everyone including the in laws themselves the impression that you're not cool with that but without making a scene. If they still come then go on a "business trip" for a while to limit the time you have to spend with them. Spending too much time with the in laws is imo never good as it would either lead to tension or to them being too involved in your sh#t and you don't that either.

Comment

I just had my brother in law stay for a little over 2 years. He was in a bad way after his marriage broke down, and he needed a hand.

Man it was hard. I'm glad I helped out, but I'm really, really glad he is gone.

Now he has his own place, is working, all mostly sorted his life out.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          She has a hot older sister who lives with the parents and I told her why not just have your sister come over and take care of you cuz she can stay for as long as she wants but no, she dont want that. Smh
          Of course not, because that's something that would actually make YOU happy. I'd say get a vasectomy and not have anymore kids and then find a way to avoid them and if they still become a hassle, just stay at a hotel for that month for your own sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            My wife thinks her dad is going to come live with us at some point. No fking way. This guy has hated me since day 1. I gave his daughter a big house to live in in a desirable neighborhood, she drives a new car, doesn't have to worry about shyt, and this guy STILL makes sarcastic remarks to her about me all the time. Acts like my business is a hobby.

I'll make sure that miserable fuk is taken care of when he gets old but he's not living under my roof. If my wife tries that shyt he'll be at our home allright... in the yard, under a freshly planted sycamore tree.
            A few questions then. How old is her dad? What kind of business do you run? And how bad are the arguments when the wife brings up her dad moving in? Are you usually able to convince her not to let him move in or to tell him to shut the hell up with the sarcastic remarks?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              A few questions then. How old is her dad? What kind of business do you run? And how bad are the arguments when the wife brings up her dad moving in? Are you usually able to convince her not to let him move in or to tell him to shut the hell up with the sarcastic remarks?
              It's weird because he and I have so many similar interests but he just doesn't like me.
              When my wife says, "You know we're going to have to look out for him some day" I just avert my eyes and say nothing. It's a sticky subject because her mom was a crack addict and the dad pretty much rescued her by having her come live with him when she was a teenager. Saved her life. So, she wants to repay him someday, which I respect.

But, the dude is so... if you've ever seen the show "King of Queens", he's bat shyt crazy, just like Arthur. People naturally give me a lot of respect. I'm often told there's something about the way I carry myself. But, this mufuker has the nerve to say shyt like, "so you looking for work?".
              I have owned my own business for over 10 years and people around the world come to me for my expertise. I save money. When my wife was injured she didn't work for 6 months and we were totally fine. He doesn't respect it though because I work for myself, by myself. And, he tries to get her to think I'm slacking.

The angle I'm pushing is that he likes his independence and we need to give him that. Not sure if she's buying it.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-22-2019, 03:09 AM.

Comment

this must be a cultural thing. anything longer than a weekend is subject to serious arbitration and potential long term beef with wifey. a month and a half? that surely must just be the worst thing that can happen to a human being with a soul. wouldn't even be on the table.

"oh great, i'll set up a shanty tent in the back. but you gotta dig the **** hole!"

"can they afford a hotel for that long?"

"that's a long time. where do they plan on staying? [blank look*]"

let me guess, they are asian?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  So my wife is having our third child and she wants both her mom and dad to come over for a month and a half. Every other year I have to deal with this sht and im already dreading it.

How do you deal with this kinda stuff?
                  Just ride with it man. It’s good since they’ll also help your wife out with your other kids. Work a little later, hit the gym a little more and sip on your favorite whiskey every night till it’s over.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    this must be a cultural thing. anything longer than a weekend is subject to serious arbitration and potential long term beef with wifey. a month and a half? that surely must just be the worst thing that can happen to a human being with a soul. wouldn't even be on the table.

"oh great, i'll set up a shanty tent in the back. but you gotta dig the **** hole!"

"can they afford a hotel for that long?"

"that's a long time. where do they plan on staying? [blank look*]"

let me guess, they are asian?
                    It’s an Asian thing. My in-laws stayed with us for 1 year to help with our first born. Stayed only 6 for our 2nd though.

Luckily my in-laws are cool as hell. My Mother in-law would have dinner cooked for us and my father in law always made sure I my game room fridge was fully stocked with booze. Also most of the convo they had was in Mandarin and Me not being Chinese had no clue what they said. I was left alone most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
                      It’s an Asian thing. My in-laws stayed with us for 1 year to help with our first born. Stayed only 6 for our 2nd though.

Luckily my in-laws are cool as hell. My Mother in-law would have dinner cooked for us and my father in law always made sure I my game room fridge was fully stocked with booze. Also most of the convo they had was in Mandarin and Me not being Chinese had no clue what they said. I was left alone most of the time.

yeah but dude, like what about when you want to walk around naked and bang your wife like a whore? no f#cking way man, i let out primal roars.

Comment

Working...
                      X