"Mexican Style"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mexican Style"

Hey guys,
    Quick question - I've been looking around on the net at different kinds of boxing equipment, and I see things like "mexican style" handwraps, headgear, etc. For the headgear, I think the only difference is that it covers more of the jaws (which I like), but I don't know the difference in handwraps and if there is any other "mexican style" gear. Anyone want to shed some light on this for me?

Mexican style handwraps are handwraps as you think of them. The one's Gatti has on in your avatar. Just a fancy name for it.

Mexican style headguards have the extra padding around the cheek area. You often see Toney wear it in sparring.

This is my understanding of both.

Comment

I think mexican style wraps have some stretch to them

Comment

Somewhat elastic and 180" " little longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
          Mexican style handwraps are handwraps as you think of them. The one's Gatti has on in your avatar. Just a fancy name for it.

Mexican style headguards have the extra padding around the cheek area. You often see Toney wear it in sparring.

This is my understanding of both.
          naw man, Gattis wearing guaze there. Mexican handwraps and made from a elastic like material. The other ones labeled as regular handwraps are made of cotton. The best I can describe is that regular ones feel like a sock while the mexicans feel more like a nylon I guess.

And Toney wears a traditional headgear (I think Everlast). The mexican one cant be special ordered in green.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
            naw man, Gattis wearing guaze there. Mexican handwraps and made from a elastic like material. The other ones labeled as regular handwraps are made of cotton. The best I can describe is that regular ones feel like a sock while the mexicans feel more like a nylon I guess.

And Toney wears a traditional headgear (I think Everlast). The mexican one cant be special ordered in green.
            experience before you open your mouth

Like I said befofe slightly elastic and longer than traditional

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
              experience before you open your mouth

Like I said befofe slightly elastic and longer than traditional

are you trying to talk **** about me or something fat head?

Comment

id say he was making a point that his post was accurate and yours was based on a guess.

Comment

Puerto Rican Style

I do it Puerto Rican Style

Comment

Originally posted by oshea1690 View Post
                    id say he was making a point that his post was accurate and yours was based on a guess.

a guess??? I have four mexican handwraps, and three cotton ones and I train with them everyday.

Comment

Working...
                    X