Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Tyson said in the McBride press conference "I'm gonna gut him like a fisssssssh"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Tyson said in the McBride press conference "I'm gonna gut him like a fisssssssh"

... it was a problem with the microphone.

What he actually said was "I'm gonna quit like a l'il *****."

Luv ya, Jack.

......He stayed true to that smack talk for sure.

Comment

Yeah that fight was weird, because Tyson was ahead on my cards at the time he quit the fight. If he would have just kept grinding.....he would have won a decision and then could have retired if he didn't feel like fighting anymore.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I'll watch the fight again, Run/W, but ISTR I actually had McBride ahead after six (don't forget Tyson also had a deduction, didn't he?)

I mean, it's not often I get to say "McBride was ahead on points" but this was one such instance.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I'll watch the fight again, Run/W, but ISTR I actually had McBride ahead after six (don't forget Tyson also had a deduction, didn't he?)

I mean, it's not often I get to say "McBride was ahead on points" but this was one such instance.
          You're the first person Ive heard that said they had Mcbride winning. I saw that fight on PPV and uhhh,dude wasnt winning.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            You're the first person Ive heard that said they had Mcbride winning. I saw that fight on PPV and uhhh,dude wasnt winning.
            I'll watch it again, possibly I was influenced by the commentary. (This was Colonel Bob Sheridan).

Maybe I should clarify: rather than McBride winning, it was more Tyson losing. That wasn't Tyson that night, just a sad old man tired of life. A sad sight to see.

Comment

I'll watch it again, possibly I was influenced by the commentary. (This was Colonel Bob Sheridan).

Maybe I should clarify: rather than McBride winning, it was more Tyson losing. That wasn't Tyson that night, just a sad old man tired of life. A sad sight to see.
              When Prime Tyson got hit alittle more then what he was used to,they always gave that round to the other guy.I guess they assume its Tyson they're looking at,and that he should always be at his best,and rarely get hit.

Comment

That's an interesting point... I think I've only seen the McBride fight once. My memory is that Mike had nothing left, and was resorting to illegal tactics to muddle his way through before gassing out. (Interestingly, the ads in Limeyland were all based around how he loses it, including shots of him bending arms in earlier fights).

Comment

That's an interesting point... I think I've only seen the McBride fight once. My memory is that Mike had nothing left, and was resorting to illegal tactics to muddle his way through before gassing out. (Interestingly, the ads in Limeyland were all based around how he loses it, including shots of him bending arms in earlier fights).
                  I cant recall him bending arms in earlier fights.The ones I remember were vs. Bruce Seldon,Mcbride,Saverese,Botha. Maybe Im wrong.

With the Mcbride fight,yeah he was tired,but Tyson was popping him with power shots threwout the rounds.The only thing Mcbride really did was put his weight on him. I think he got discouraged when Mcbride didnt go down,also he was probably tiring,and he just said **** it.

Comment

Sorry, when I said "earlier fights", I meant earlier than the McBride fight. I also said that cos I couldn't remember for the life of me the name of the guy he did it to (It was Botha).

And yeah, Tyson's mental game is probably the biggest disappointment as a fan of his. The only time he's ever really battled back against adversity is with Douglas. That was a honorable loss, but he just caved in mentally against Holyfield and was shot to pieces against the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X