No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Sees Joshua or Fury as More Likely For 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    It didnt really feel like a negotiation to me. DAZN made a huge offer, There were no comebacks the team walked away, said a fight couldnt be made on DAZN as it had to be on Showtime and have lined up Wilders next few fights which does not involve Anthony Joshua. Nor have they come back with any counter offers even though they talking hundreds of millions.

Ive watched this sport long enough to understand negotiations and ive also watched this sport long enough to understand when somebody has walked away from negotiations and that is what i think i witnessed.
    Yeah negotiations to these people is more like “50m dollars” no discussion. No sitting down to talk. Say yes to it first then we would talk about it. They must think this is a dice game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Randomly if someone from DAZN, ESPN+ or PBC wish to pay me for my opinions drop me a PM & we can discuss the particulars.
      LoLoL! We all can be bought!

DAZN had employees sign up to support them as part of their dive into the US market. One guy admitted as much early on ... but they're all hush about it now.

If paid I'd do it too. Sadly I'm just a boxing fan as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yeah negotiations to these people is more like “50m dollars” no discussion. No sitting down to talk. Say yes to it first then we would talk about it. They must think this is a dice game.

yeah they also feel its only right that Joshua coughs up all the money but to then allow Wilder to make all the demands. Wilder and Finkel said "Why should we allow ourselves to be dictated to".

Make an offer then, take control. I remember one of these Wilder fans asking why cant DAZN front the money then actually do a co promotion between DAZN and SHOWTIME. Yeah that sounds fair lol.
        Last edited by DaNeutral.; 05-20-2019, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I hope Rivas beats Whyte and becomes an option for Wilder. He's much smaller, but has good boxing skills and is faster than most of these giants (but Fury).

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
            LoLoL! We all can be bought!

DAZN had employees sign up to support them as part of their dive into the US market. One guy admitted as much early on ... but they're all hush about it now.

If paid I'd do it too. Sadly I'm just a boxing fan as of now.
            LOL. Right.

In fairness it would be lovely to make money talking about boxing all day. And on some personal challenge sh^t it would be a compelling job to have to find a way to make sense of every single move logically that DAZN, ESPN+ or PBC made.

Like I wonder if I could just get a ESPN+ check & still take a sh^t on one or two ESPN+ things a month to just keep some argument going I wasn't full on shilling? I'd have to think they'd let you do that cuz if you are 100% shill you lose some rep points on looking like a shill at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              It didnt really feel like a negotiation to me.
              Did you attend the meeting or something? How would you know this? From what I've heard about John Skipper he's a very serious mfer who's used to getting sh^t done & has kept the doors open with doing something in the future despite the current realities of the situation.

Ive watched this sport long enough to understand negotiations and ive also watched this sport long enough to understand when somebody has walked away from negotiations and that is what i think i witnessed.
              I think based on some of the previous things you've said you've already come to the conclusion you are 100% right on all things involving this fight from the talk of the fight to the winner. That makes me doubt all you are saying above.

For example I see the potential Wilder & his team are overvaluing themselves, but I think the juice is worth the squeeze even if it turns out that Joshua or Wilder lose & some value is lost with this fight happening with both being undefeated belt holders. I think Eddie has even suggested he thinks Wilder's team are playing their hand well. That says alot to me that even Eddie realizes this fight can get both guys paid more money. I mean the bigger this fight is & the more money Wilder gets is likely to mean Eddie sees more upside, Joshua sees more upside & DAZN sees more upside to. I think you are discounting a lot of sh^t beyond the obvious here.

And as to the fight for another example I don't think either guy is 100% to win as you seem to think Joshua is. I think this is a 60/40 Joshua fight where Joshua CAN lose despite me picking him cuz Wilder's power is crazy. Look no further than each guys fight with Breazeale now that we can compare that. Breazeale hasn't gotten worse, or THAT much better for that matter, & Wilder slept him like it was nothings & Breazeale was in the Joshua fight for many rounds before Joshua took him out completely. Make no mistake that if Joshua isn't on point or makes one mistake vs Wilder he can be Amir Khan'd. I think its super naive to think any HW around right now is 100% to win vs any top 5ish if not top 10ish HW.

Comment

Wildher is a coward and his fangirls are pathetic bytches for supporting this Alabama fraud!

Comment

I heard Finkel say the unification with Joshua or rematch with Fury could be next, but probably not until 2020.
                  WTF, 1 fight per year?! Is he copying the Gary Russell Jnr business model or something?

Comment

So at least another year of the Wilder protection program against more Haymon controlled PBC bums??

Hahahahaha whats even more amazing that there are some dummies who still support Wilder, how embarrassing can you possibly be?

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                      Fury can make anyone look bad but the guy is boring and a clown. Can he box? Of course but for a big man he has little power. If he " schooled" Wilder so easily why not a rematch? Fury and Joshua have no onions. The last tough guy to come out of Britain? Margaret Thatcher!
                      Lol.... Ali G actually.

It was a great performance simple as that I would be a hater if I said anything different. However what have we learned new about Wilder? In terms of one punch power nobody and I mean nobody comes close. Brezeale still caught Wilder with his only meaningful punch and stunned him when Wilder was initially going for the kill. He is vulnerable to a powerful skilled puncher as Ortiz showed. I really do believe if Joshua catches him first it’s over. I don’t think Wilder’s chin is as good as everyone claims but if Wilder hits AJ is more than likely lights out too

Comment

Working...
                      X