No announcement yet.

Most Overrated Fighters of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -Perhaps you have some wisdom to impart.

As for myself, boxing was never about the grandstand, but rather about tens of thousands of hand to hand fights over these millennia that define business, politics, sports and personal relationships today.

Mind you, I refused to fight my friends unless they made me which was seldom, but I coulda been more than a contenda had I taken up boxing, not to mention punch drunk from the typical training and oversight.

That's why I greatly admire the Haglers and Dempseys who came up harder than I can even imagine and persevered as examples for future gens.
    Yes, it is apparent, Cadbree, you yourself were one of the most under rated fighters of all time. It must be awful to have achieved such greatness without any recognition for it. My sympathies, Cad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Like I said, you have no place here.

You need a new hobby. Have you ever considered mixing bleach and ammonia?
      No since I have a fiance & relatives to take care of unlike your lonely oldass😂

Comment

• You are 100% correct, when Henry Armstrong defended his welterweight title against Davey Day, both combatants were actually lightweights, Armstrong didn't want to risk his Lightweight Title against Mr. Day. Davey Day fought Armstrong. blind (caused by Armstrong's elbows) in one eye and the other just a squint, half the fight. Davey was tearing Armstrong apart, gashed left eye, broken right hand, left hand severely bruised, chopped up right side of face looked like raw meat. Day was leading up to the 10th rd. Henry hit him four times below the waist in the 11th rd. The ref. penalized Henry. Armstrong hit Davey in most of the prior rds and lost one other rd. In the 12th rd. the ref. looked at Armstrong's bloody face and said, "you can rest now" stopping the fight to prevent Armstrong from losing, tko. Day offered Armstrong $35,000 for a rematch and Armstrong turned it down. Day offered Lou Amber's $35,000 and turned it down. Lou remembered when he fought Davey in 1937 and took a bad licking, it was said, that Davey broke Amber's jaw, but, his manager denied it. Day got the ref. nod and was robbed in a split decision. Armstrong fought a real champion! Happens to be a complete story on Armstrong vs Davey Day on Ebay go to search and put in Davey Day Lou Ambers Armstrong there are 3 pic up for auction with Great story in the descriptions..Davey day was the real Champion in the Golden Age of Boxing. READ THE COMPLETE STORY OF ARMSTRONG VS. DAVEY DAY ON EBAY, GO TO SEARCH, PUT IN ARMSTRONG & DAVEY DAY. THERE ARE 2 PIC LISTED EACH ONE HAS THE FULL STORY OF THE GOLDEN AGE OF BOXING, DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING IN GETTING INFORMATION, THAT YOU NEVER KNEW. ENJOY.
        Last edited by ron davis; 05-27-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          what part are you referring to? beating Moore or his style?
          Lulling them to sleep with slower shots before the quick KO dart, is what I refer to and would prefer to see an example of. Show me, don't tell me.

Comment

• Overhyped of all-time? Probably the last 10 prospect of Arum.

Comment

• - -The cognoscenti, aficionados, and Cubanos moan over Rigormortis was pure comedy, most esp in the lead up to Loma.

I told them then exactly what Loma was gonna do and that was exactly how it played, one of the easiest and most obvious fight outcomes I ever called.

Not like I was some kind of genius though, but more like them too stricken dumb and blind to see Rigormortis' obvious deficiencies.
              Last edited by QueensburyRules; 05-23-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehdaddy View Post
                So I went back and listened to the interview with the authors of “Ali By the Numbers.” They did Compubox analysis of every Ali fight save one I believe. They even got access to judge scorecards for many fights, and could compare punch numbers with judge scorecards. Here are some highlights of what they found:

Ali was outlanded by Jimmy Young, 222-113, in their 1976 fight. Round one, Ali threw 5 punches to Young’s 74. Young out-landed Ali 18-0. Two of the judges scored the round even.

Round 3, same fight. Ali our-landed 21-7, out thrown 78-26. Two judges gave the round to Ali, the third had it a tie.

Ali won the fight on points, easily. Impossible to say whether the fight was fixed, or if this was the sort of deference some judges showed to champions.

The authors found other rounds in which Ali didn’t land a punch. Two against Ron Lyles alone! Michael Spinks landed 419 punches against Ali and only got a split decision.

I tell you, we boxing fans complain about judging, sometimes justifiably. But the judging we have today is not as bad as what Ali benefitted from.
                My dad told me as a child that Ali was generally overrated in the ring but u couldn’t deny anything else. He was the most famous man on the planet. He also told me the day after the Spinks v Tyson fight that a guy named Evander Holyfield would beat Tyson one day. He took bets on it at even odds when it happened. I saw Ali vs Norton fights and I think Ali was lucky to win them both. I saw as many fights I could, Ali shoe shine a lot at the last minute of rounds and win them on cards. I still think Ali is great and could beat anyone who ever lived at any given time. I learned to decide for myself though. My point is Ali got the rub like u said, even Ali would say he got robbed if he fought Ali. Tyson is overrated. His jab and head movement is a myth against the best. To have Tyson as a favourite in a Holyfield rematch is a joke. I knew mayweather was special since his first fight. I’ve seen him fight live in Vegas. I don’t think he’s overrated in general because a lot of people trash him. But If anyone has picked him to lose than uve either underrated him or overrated someone else. Any given night right? He shoulda lost by now? Just my two cents. Just wanted to back u up on Ali, and throw in Tyson. But as attractions they were legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
                  No since I have a fiance
                  Fiance!?!?! :

Are you a chick? I have never heard a dude use that word... to describe his future wife. Straight dudes don't use that word. What are you hiding?

What do the guys that actually pork her tawt call her?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    Fiance!?!?! :

Are you a chick? I have never heard a dude use that word... to describe his future wife. Straight dudes don't use that word. What are you hiding?

What do the guys that actually pork her tawt call her?
                    It took your sorry ass more than 7 days to respond😂Truth always hurts & what I said about you being a lonely old man is so factual that it made you go into hiding for eight days.

I have the FIND IPHONE app on my lady's phone that I bought to track her so a 40 year old virgin like you shouldnt talk about twats when the only ones you've seen are through a screen you cretin !
                    Last edited by Mr.365; 05-26-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -The cognoscenti, aficionados, and Cubanos moan over Rigormortis was pure comedy, most esp in the lead up to Loma.

I told them then exactly what Loma was gonna do and that was exactly how it played, one of the easiest and most obvious fight outcomes I ever called.

Not like I was some kind of genius though, but more like them too stricken dumb and blind to see Rigormortis' obvious deficiencies.
                      Gamboa was more overhyped than Rigo and made far more money. Had like a 1 million signing fee from Ahmet Oner.

Comment

Working...
                      X