Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be excited for a Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk fight in November or Dec?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Usyk can get a solid couple of wins at heavyweight then absolutely it's an intriguing fight. Joshua is top two in a trash heap at heavyweight so it all comes down to how Usyk handles the size. He's the more skilled fighter by far.
    Last edited by Motofan; 03-30-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
      If Usyk can get a solid couple of wins at heavyweight then absolutely it's an intriguing fight. Joshua is top two in a trash heap at heavyweight so it all comes down to how Usyk handles the size. He's the more skilled fighter by far.
      When a guy fights and beats up a no hoper, what exactly is accomplished ? Is that how they expect top guys to fight ?!?!?

Comment

Only on DAZN!

Comment

I'm a Usyk fan & think he's done amazing in a short time with his CW career first off. But I think he needs to prove himself at HW before he gets a shot at the #1 spot. If he can do that before Nov/Dec then yea I'd be excited for Joshua vs Usyk.

I think the rumored Povetkin fight as his HW debut woulda got him legitimatized at HW if he won out of the gate to have him earning an opportunity. Since that has been pushed aside for now it seems I don't think a Takam win in his HW debut does anything except get Usyk on the top ten HW map. If Povetkin happens after Takam I think Usyk vs Joshua will have been earned & I'll be looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I'm a Usyk fan & think he's done amazing in a short time with his CW career first off. But I think he needs to prove himself at HW before he gets a shot at the #1 spot. If he can do that before Nov/Dec then yea I'd be excited for Joshua vs Usyk.

I think the rumored Povetkin fight as his HW debut woulda got him legitimatized at HW if he won out of the gate to have him earning an opportunity. Since that has been pushed aside for now it seems I don't think a Takam win in his HW debut does anything except get Usyk on the top ten HW map. If Povetkin happens after Takam I think Usyk vs Joshua will have been earned & I'll be looking forward to it.
            True. Going after the top man in a new div not a good idea. Some people thought Spence vs Mikey would be a good fight

Comment

No really but what else can we get? I would be more excited for Whyte/Ortiz. But with the politics of boxing preventing the better fights I have no issues with Usyk getting a shot st Joshua.

Comment

Think that’d be a wicked fight

If AJ isn’t fighting Wikder /Fury in Dec then Usyk is the best alternative

Comment

Nah I think it's better for next year, let Usyk get a couple wins under his belt at HW. If he looks good beating Takam then follows that up with a win over a Povetkin or Ortiz or Whyte then I'd say bring on Joshua

Comment

The thought is intriguing, I guess, but I doubt it plays out that way in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

^ Exactly what he said.

Comment

Working...
                      X