Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take for me to lose 35kg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will it take for me to lose 35kg?

I am 5'7 and 135kg, I know, I am clearly overweight and more like Obese. I am hoping to drop to 100kg because that is when I lose my belly and it looks flat and I feel healthy at that weight despite still being considered overweight by BMI calculators at 100kg. So yeah How long do you think it will take for me to lose this weight, and got any diet and exercise tips, thank you in advance.

Put the remote down, watch what you put in to your body and exercise. Quit stuffin' your face so much with garbage.....Rockin'

Comment

Question for you Rockin' (thanks for the advice btw), do you like McDonald's?

Comment

Afternoon Achilles - I'm 6ft1 and since my mid-20s have weighed between 85/95 kgs. In 2017, I didn't watch myself and my weight skyrocketed to 110 kgs. Since then, I've lost most of that weight and followed some basic guidelines to keep me steady:

- The bulk of my meals consists of fruit, vegetables and lean protein. You can eat three cans of tuna, or two chicken breasts, or a pound of broccoli and you won't put on weight. This is why fruits, vegetables and lean protein (not sausages, no fatty stuff or **** covered in sauce) should make up your diet - unless you're eating a truckload it's damn hard to gain weight)
        - Like Rockin' said: Cut out the garbage. Throw all of it out. Don't have it near you and don't hang out with friends with ****ty eating habits. You need to get used to eating well first.
        - Drink as little alcohol as possible. Not only are they empty calories, we generally tend to eat like idiots when drunk/hungover.
        - Exercise. Start walking two to three miles 3 to 4 times a week, then slow jogging and build this up little by little in both distance and speed. You can add swimming or any other sports you prefer here. The key thing is investing in some form of exercise. Make it fun by bringing music along.

Just some tips which have helped me over the years. Hope they'll be of some use to you.
        If you want it, you can do it,
        - Frank

Comment

As for how long it takes for you to lose the weight, that's up to YOU. However, you want to do it in a way that you develop long-term sustainable habits. Losing the weight just for the sake of getting rid of weight often leads to lost muscle mass, unhealthy habits, and on and on. Work on cleaning up your nutrition, and make sure you move that body. You are here on a boxing forum so I assume you do boxing activities?

Comment

Originally posted by AchillesFury View Post
            Question for you Rockin' (thanks for the advice btw), do you like McDonald's?
            I used to totally dig Mcdonalds. But I got out of the habit of 'eating out'. Once or twice a year now I may drive through. I quit gaining so much weight too...….Rockin'

Comment

I think if you don't drink any alcohol or any other beverage with any calories in it whatsoever you'll drop some of that.

Comment

I am 5'7 and 135kg, I know, I am clearly overweight and more like Obese. I am hoping to drop to 100kg because that is when I lose my belly and it looks flat and I feel healthy at that weight despite still being considered overweight by BMI calculators at 100kg. So yeah How long do you think it will take for me to lose this weight, and got any diet and exercise tips, thank you in advance.

Not going to chase down the math, but 35kg is basically 75000 kilocalories (Calories) that need to go. Diet is key.

Bodies are different, but if your body needs 2000 Calories, you eat 1500 Calories, and your body scavenges the rest from your body (500 a day, and you've basically scavenged what you need in roughly 5 months).

Even then, that's asking a lot of most folks, so you add exercise (to basically increase the number of calories that your body uses).

A good run and some weight exercises per day, let's say, comes out to 500 Calories, your body now needs 2500 Calories to survive and exercise, so now eating 2000 Calories still puts you on the rule of thumb path to dropping the Calories needed in 5 months.

My two cents, anyway. Give yourself 6 months, count your Calories and cut it as low as you can, mix in a good exercise program (stick with weight/resistance training but mix in some cardio), and stick with it.

Comment

35 kg is 77 pound.

It is universally accepted that 3,500 calories = 1 pound of fat loss.

You need to remove 270,000 calories for fat loss.

You are looking at least at one year if not more.

Comment

Cutting out junk food is the big one. Get my fitness pal to help track your calories.

Comment

Working...
                    X