Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay now that all the press sh^t is over who you got...Wilder or Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder by KO 5-8
    Fury is gonna find it hard to tie up Deontay.

Super close to calling KO 1.

Comment

Wilder 5-8. Fury never had the gas tank required.

Comment

If Fury wins, or even lasts 10 rounds, that will be one of the biggest upsets of last 5 years.

Wilder starts slow so I'm not comfortable by picking to KO within 4, but 5-8 is where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          If Fury wins, or even lasts 10 rounds, that will be one of the biggest upsets of last 5 years.
          The odds are quite close. Its a virtually pickem fight odds-wise. Think Wilder was -160ish last I saw specific numbers. But I get what you're saying. With Fury's recent past & these two bs fights it'd feel like a bigger upset for him to win. And he's just not supposed to win this one based on how soon its happening & where Wilder is at right now.

In the bigger history of boxing if Fury were to win it'd give him two upsets in fights he just wasn't supposed to win in 3 years thats gonna look impressive towards his legacy in this sport. This fight does more for Fury's standing in the game then it'd do for Wilder's I feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            To the fight: I see a fight where Fury frustrates Wilder similar to Wlad. He outjabs him and makes Wilder fall short with the right hand often. I do think he lands it at some stage, and more than once, depending on how he lands it, will determine the outcome of the fight. If he can't land it the way he wants, I see him getting outboxed and made to look ragged in a snoozefest. I don't think Wilder's counters will work, he'll have to lead off to get that knockout.

I do think Fury will move into Wilder and try to push him back at times to negate his power, probably in the second half of the fight, that can also create opportunities for Wilder.

But make no mistake, if Wilder doesn't land, Fury will make him look awful, he will take the drama out of the fight, expose his flaws like never before and that is probably what I'm expecting to happen. Wilder will pick up some rounds due to Fury's low output and the fight might end up closer on the cards than it actually is.

But the biggest single factor in this fight, in fact his whole career is Fury's confidence, he's deluded himself into thinking he is the greatest heavyweight in history and I think that is his strongest asset, it elevates him.
            Solid breakdown. And yea I definitely agree if Fury can be good enough version of what he was to prevent Wilder from reallllllly landing the right Fury is gonna win. I also agree with your take on Fury's confidence. Idk if its the biggest factor, but its a big one & I always sorta doubt Wilder's confidence in himself despite him being more known for his "speak it, believe it, receive it" stuff.

I think this is going to be a massive own goal from Team Wilder, and if what I think is going to happen...happens then it kills the Joshua fight.
            Yea whoever loses is for sure out of the running for the Joshua fight for awhile. Their number still could come up eventually, but it won't be as sexy a fight with the 1 in the L column as it was.

I'm of the belief Joshua vs Wilder is dead unless both of them stay undefeated til 2020 already doe so you're preaching to the choir. And I think its extremely possible both lose before 2020 & its very probable one of them do.

And randomly I think if Fury wins Hearn is gonna be doing the same sh^t he's doing with this Wilder sh^t cuz thats not a fight they are gonna want (til 2021 probably lol or post-another breakdown by Fury) cuz if Fury beats Wilder like I think he could beat Wilder then he's gonna be a guy who's gonna beat Joshua even easier cuz Joshua don't take the risks that Wilder does, is slower then Wilder & doesn't punch as hard as Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              The odds are quite close. Its a virtually pickem fight odds-wise. Think Wilder was -160ish last I saw specific numbers. But I get what you're saying. With Fury's recent past & these two bs fights it'd feel like a bigger upset for him to win. And he's just not supposed to win this one based on how soon its happening & where Wilder is at right now.

In the bigger history of boxing if Fury were to win it'd give him two upsets in fights he just wasn't supposed to win in 3 years thats gonna look impressive towards his legacy in this sport. This fight does more for Fury's standing in the game then it'd do for Wilder's I feel like.
              Yeah I know, just can't see it. This is one fight I may break 'no gambling on boxing' rule. I just can't possibly see Fury winning, odds or no odds.

Yes, he was not supposed to beat Wlad, but Wlad was 39 year old who looked piss poor in the prior fight against Jennings, and Fury was in his prime being an active boxer. Wlad was also a good style for him, most accusations against him were always about being too robotic and stiff.

Wilder is wild and amateurish, but he's quicker and in his prime. And most importantly, this version of Fury is hot garbage. He's looked atrocious in his last 2 fights, and was 300 lbs less than 12 months ago. How does noone give a crap that the last 2 guys Fury fought are not in Top50 rankings? Seferi was an old cruiserweight for goodness sake.

I don't gamble on boxing because there are better ways of generating secondary revenues, but this fight just screams easy money. May just throw 10-20k on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Doing it while active, or at least is shape, isn't a whole hell of a lot worse than some PEDs in my estimation. Doing it while the heart is taxed because of obesity is like taking a tornado and putting sharks in it.

I expect he took some degree of permanent damage to his heart from that.
                Not to mention that both obesity and cocaine cause neutral damage as well and he may now have slower reflexes because of it.
                Yea Fury ain't got a chance if he's got an inner Sharknado situation going on thats for damn sure.

Comment

Not gonna bs I'm still super split on this fight cuz I got no clue what version of Fury will show up on fight night. I definitely feel like 2015 Fury boxes circles around Wilder & barely gets touched.

Its 2018 doe. And all that time out of the ring, out of shape & questions about how focused is he realllllllly have me leaning towards we won't be seeing that guy again or not in 2 months anyway. And if there's not enough of that guy left if Wilder touches him in 36 minutes or less he's got a great shot at taking Fury out.

What say you (*in Richard Dwyer voice*) my brothers & sissies?
                  My pick never changed and never will.

And my choice is in the official poll.

Comment

Solid breakdown. And yea I definitely agree if Fury can be good enough version of what he was to prevent Wilder from reallllllly landing the right Fury is gonna win. I also agree with your take on Fury's confidence. Idk if its the biggest factor, but its a big one & I always sorta doubt Wilder's confidence in himself despite him being more known for his "speak it, believe it, receive it" stuff.

Yea whoever loses is for sure out of the running for the Joshua fight for awhile. Their number still could come up eventually, but it won't be as sexy a fight with the 1 in the L column as it was.

I'm of the belief Joshua vs Wilder is dead unless both of them stay undefeated til 2020 already doe so you're preaching to the choir. And I think its extremely possible both lose before 2020 & its very probable one of them do.

And randomly I think if Fury wins Hearn is gonna be doing the same sh^t he's doing with this Wilder sh^t cuz thats not a fight they are gonna want (til 2021 probably lol or post-another breakdown by Fury) cuz if Fury beats Wilder like I think he could beat Wilder then he's gonna be a guy who's gonna beat Joshua even easier cuz Joshua don't take the risks that Wilder does, is slower then Wilder & doesn't punch as hard as Wilder.
                    I realise my pick is against the grain, but I'm pretty confident about it, people are putting too much emphasis on Fury's last 2 opponents. In context, they don't matter, he needed to get out a few times, get the rust and weight off. He's young enough for his body to bounce back, I'm not worried about his physical condition. What matters is who he's sparring and how he's looking in the gym, and by all accounts what I've been hearing is positive. He is not going to forget how to fight that's for sure, the physical stuff will reveal itself on the night.

The problem with the Joshua fight is that if Fury wins, he would have taken the drama out of it and done it in a snooze fest. There is no doubt Team Joshua prefer a Wilder win, Fury/Warren will be an even tougher negotiation, and it's potentially not a crowd friendly fight, my view is that Joshua likes the Fury fight but Hearn and McCracken don't.

The only part I disagree slightly is I think Wilder and Joshua both present Fury with problems, but Joshua maybe more. He's not as fast and doesn't hit as hard, but he he knows how to cut the ring off, better punch selection too, and he's more compact. Take Molina as an example, Joshua nullified him and knocked him out super quick, Wilder got engaged in a bit of a slug fest.

The funniest part of all this is I like Wilder against Joshua haha.

Comment

I think Fury uses a lot of wasted movements, and he will not be seen as fluid and fast as people think. Wilder will clip when he is doing something awkward and he will finish him.

Comment

Working...
                      X