Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, has Canelo redeemed and/or further solidified his status as elite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Hahahaha you searching my posts hahahaha my fan #1.

You mad bro.

And neeeeew hahaha look, GGG took a lot of punishment and the new King is Canelo.

Cry baby, cry.
    Whatever little man. Move along.

I'll see you when you quote me again little man. I already know what the tone will be and you will be shedding tears as always.

Comment

canelo is absolutely an elite fighter. he's got one of the best chins in boxing, one of the best offenses in boxing. deep tool box, hard worker, lots of talent, stellar resume for a boxer in his 20's in 2018.

who is elite if not canleo alvarez? he's a top 5 pound for pound fighter wihtout a doubt. its really between him, lomachenko, and crawford.

i think those two are slightly better because of their elite speed, which has always been the toughest thing for an ordinary fighter to deal with. but canelo has a better resume without a doubt. neither of those two can say they have a W over somebody as highly regarded as gennady golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Whatever little man. Move along.

I'll see you when you quote me again little man. I already know what the tone will be and you will be shedding tears as always.

Little man? I'm 6'0 in height and 168 pounds...

And? That does not matter, we are humans, you are a pathetic guy.

And neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          canelo is absolutely an elite fighter. he's got one of the best chins in boxing, one of the best offenses in boxing. deep tool box, hard worker, lots of talent, stellar resume for a boxer in his 20's in 2018.

who is elite if not canleo alvarez? he's a top 5 pound for pound fighter wihtout a doubt. its really between him, lomachenko, and crawford.

i think those two are slightly better because of their elite speed, which has always been the toughest thing for an ordinary fighter to deal with. but canelo has a better resume without a doubt. neither of those two can say they have a W over somebody as highly regarded as gennady golovkin.
          Good post.

Canelo too is a creative puncher, guy have a lot of boxing tricks.

Loma, Crawford and Nelo are the best right now.

But I want to see Loma vs Mikey and Crawford against Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            That you does not know about boxing... PED positive? hahaha poor clown.
            so i dont know about boxing because i have Matthyesse as my avatar........that makes a lot of sense......

and didnt canelo test positive for performance enhancing drugs? or was that my imagination? go suck on canelos gingers nuts you nationalistic prick

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              100% yes. I thought he lost both GGG fights but he fought the second fight much better. One thing about Canelo is he is always taking the hard fights that a guy with his status doesn't need to take and he's always adding new wrinkles to his game. He is elite and obviously still improving every fight.
              Clenelo lost the 1st fight!

Officially on the books as a draw!

But if you are in agreement Adalaide Byrd score card of 118-110 (for Pednelo)? You got bigger issues in life!

Fanboy want's to pretend it didn't happen.

But why punish Byrd??? She did Exactly what NSAC & Golden Boy asked her to do & so did the clown who scored it a Draw.

Meanwhile diva gets a year off and faces a 36 1/2 yr old
              GGG less than a month after his 28th birthday.

That didn't happen by accident "Mr Fishnets!"

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                Absolutely. He's one of the greatest fighters in the world.

Golovkin had all the physical advantages over him. Height, reach, weight.

If Canelo was the same size as Golovkin that fight wouldn't have been close. He beat Golovkin despite the handicap.
                Well said

Unfortunately around here if you’re not European your not gonna get much respect.

But the bottom line is canelo the smaller guy moved up to beat the crap out of the bigger “ Boogieman”.

Canelo is p4p numero uno right now

Comment

Of course Canelo elite. Canelo same age of Munguia fights Mosley, Trout, Mayweather. Canelo ring iq in this age is very impressive. canelo fights Josesito Lopez is same thing like GGG fight Monroe Jr. fair balance. Canelo fights Cotto in very impressive defense sin esfuerzo.

Comment

I'm going to ignore the 6 pages and just answer the question.

No, I don't think this redeems him. It's a huge win on the cards, but it's still too close after a controversial draw that had a lot of people screaming GGG win. If they don't do a GGG/Canelo III (which a lot of people don't care to see) Canelo will have to have a strong, dominating performance against a top 5 MW (a strong win against the Jacobs/Derev winner and/or the winner of BJS/Andrade would do it IMO)

he's elite. He's just not the consensus #1 middleweight in my eyes or in the eyes of many.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      Well said

Unfortunately around here if you’re not European your not gonna get much respect.

But the bottom line is canelo the smaller guy moved up to beat the crap out of the bigger “ Boogieman”.

Canelo is p4p numero uno right now
                      GGG is bigger! Golden Boy and Adalaide Byrd gave Canela a gift in the first fight!

A draw, not a win?

But fanboy want's to believe the fight was Rocky vs Spider Rico.

Comment

Working...
                      X