No announcement yet.

Worst scorecard ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
    You win a Boxing match by winning more rounds than the other guy. Your personal definition has ramifications that are toxic. You got to beat the champ, fùck off! I can't believe I'm arguing on this low of a level. I don't have time for your revisionist dogwank. This is lunacy!

Son, this is 2018. A lot of things from over 100 years ago doesn't meake sense. Hell, shít from the 70's don't make a lot of sense now. Something isn't right with you.

You haven't watched the fight since it happened and you're trying to tell whoever this, that, and the other about it? You're fùcking out of your mind! I've watched this fight almost 30x since it happened.

Don't bother me again with nonsense. I'm not going to let a low level contributer wind me up.
    Dang man, calm down, its just banter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Oh yeah, Luta Livre or Lucha Libre on Spanish.

And speaking of bad scorecards, from the fan reactions, it sounds like last night's Golovkin vs. Alvarez 2 fight is a strong candidate as well, as many are saying Triple G got screwed again by fighting in Nevada and against a Golden Boy fighter, this time losing his middleweight belts as well on a majority decision. Almost reminds me of Holmes-Spinks or Hopkins-Taylor where it's believed that one guy can't catch a break against the other with the judges.
      Yup. I mean to take what Dempsey has said to heart... the fight was an affair where neither man showed dominance, an advantage over the other. G hit with more shots, Canelo hit with perhaps cleaner shots.

Comment

The last bad one was the worst ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Oh yeah, Luta Livre or Lucha Libre on Spanish.

And speaking of bad scorecards, from the fan reactions, it sounds like last night's Golovkin vs. Alvarez 2 fight is a strong candidate as well, as many are saying Triple G got screwed again by fighting in Nevada and against a Golden Boy fighter, this time losing his middleweight belts as well on a majority decision. Almost reminds me of Holmes-Spinks or Hopkins-Taylor where it's believed that one guy can't catch a break against the other with the judges.
          Not even close.
          Can't even scratch Pac-Bradley 1.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            Not even close.
            Can't even scratch Pac-Bradley 1.
            Oh yeah, good point on that. Are judges even trained at all?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Yup. I mean to take what Dempsey has said to heart... the fight was an affair where neither man showed dominance, an advantage over the other. G hit with more shots, Canelo hit with perhaps cleaner shots.
              More shots should always be what counts, as long as they land.

Comment

A judge scoring a close, hard-fought battle 120-108, has he/she been totally blindfolded?
                Not necessarily.

Comment

Casamayor-Santa Cruz at MSG

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Dave Moretti turns in some whoppers. 116-112 for Mayweather over Maidana I. 117-111 over Cotto, 118-110 over Pac.

Waleska Roldan 117-111 Horn over Pac.

Eugenia Williams scoring the Holyfield-Lewis fight for Holyfield 115-113.

Clements, Ford, and Giampa have all had turns submitting very suspect cards. CJ Ross goes without saying.
                    All of those Moretti cards can be justified.

Comment

I don’t look at Ali-Young, Hagler-Leonard as bad decisions. Young’s style of fighting was just ugly for most of that bout. Just refusing to engage appearing afraid of Ali as he stuck his head out of the ring to avoid Ali’s blow once cornered. Historically you don’t win a hwt championship bout in that manner. Leonard-Hagler was a huge contrast of styles from two great champions. Close bout no doubt but no robbery. Once could say that Leonard’s speed made Hagler appear so slow in comparison.

Zarate-Pintor comes to mind as the fight where I and those around me had the strongest reaction to the decision. We were all going to immediately leave and not wait for the decision to be read as it was obvious Zarate won by a large margin. Everyone in the room went diligent and jaw dropped when Pintor was called the winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X