No announcement yet.

Thurman vs Vargas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman vs Vargas?

Doesn't seem like anything concrete but I've seen this rumour flying around a few times, what does everyone think of the match-up?

Peterson would be a better and tougher comeback fight imo, but I'm good with Vargas too

Decent fight.

I just wanna see Thurman back in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Decent fight.

I just wanna see Thurman back in the ring.
      I know man, he's in his prime right now and will be for at least another 2-3 years, it's not realistic with PBC's current model, but I would love to see him fight 3 times next year and attend more fights and events to stay in the public eye. It's really frustrating seeing him only once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        I know man, he's in his prime right now and will be for at least another 2-3 years, it's not realistic with PBC's current model, but I would love to see him fight 3 times next year and attend more fights and events to stay in the public eye. It's really frustrating seeing him only once a year.
        Exactly.

Thurman should be on his way to becoming a big star in the sport, but not with this level of inactivity. He's had injuries to deal with, so it's not really his fault but being out of the public eye is not a good thing for someone who is on his way up like Thurman. I hope he does fight three times next year, even if one of those is just a stay busy fight.

Comment

Can't hate too much on Garcia getting back in the win column via Rios.

Vargas seems like a hell of a step down for Thurman. And randomly does this mean Vargas + Arum are cool or that Vargas is out of TR & now across the street with PBC now?

Comment

Thurman says that he wants to retire at the age of 30. He says just isn't feeling it anymore. He barely trains at times and he is madly in love with this chick. At this rate I don't see him doing much in boxing.

Comment

Vargas is better than he's givem credit for. Its a good fight. We all know that Thurman - Spence is the fight theyll both be building up to

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Thurman says that he wants to retire at the age of 30. He says just isn't feeling it anymore. He barely trains at times and he is madly in love with this chick. At this rate I don't see him doing much in boxing.
                Yeah, that's the vibe I've been getting off Thurman. I heard him say before the Garcia fight that he may fight again in 2017 but seems cool with the one fight a year pace.

I'm in the minority in liking Garcia-Rios. Rios is shopworn, but Garcia is coming off a loss and ring rust and usually fights to his opponents level. It will be an entertaining fight probably one-sided but Rios may get some shots in.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Doesn't seem like anything concrete but I've seen this rumour flying around a few times, what does everyone think of the match-up?

Peterson would be a better and tougher comeback fight imo, but I'm good with Vargas too
                  You know damn well you wish he fought Peterson because Vargas is a guaranteed L.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Vargas is going to pick Thurmans retirement date for him now.

Comment

Working...
                    X