Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a creationist? Do you believe God created the Earth in 6000 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
    I'm not an anthropologist, archeologist, geographer, etc. and I respect the work they do. I don't argue about the age of the earth or anything like that, however, I do reject the randomness factor that is currently taught as an explanation for the origin of life.

I believe in intelligent design, and even though in an over simplified single sentence it doesn't sound convincing to most, the sheer complexity of a single cell (Never mind all the other components/processes of life) are just too complex and perfect to be the result of something that was previously disorder, without an intelligent mind intervening.
    You are not the first to feel this way, nor will you be the last.

However...

This problem which is often referred to as the irreducible complexity issue has been thoroughly debunked. Even Richard Dawkins book 'the blind watchmaker' would be a good starting point as to why the argument doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

However - there is a related, but more fundamental mystery, which has not been debunked. The mystery is to do with how we can find ourselves in a universe which seems to have physical laws tuned for the creation of life.

Comment

I'm not an anthropologist, archeologist, geographer, etc. and I respect the work they do. I don't argue about the age of the earth or anything like that, however, I do reject the randomness factor that is currently taught as an explanation for the origin of life.

I believe in intelligent design, and even though in an over simplified single sentence it doesn't sound convincing to most, the sheer complexity of a single cell (Never mind all the other components/processes of life) are just too complex and perfect to be the result of something that was previously disorder, without an intelligent mind intervening.
      I think the issue of complexity is also an issue with the big bang and what they call the fine tuning argument.

The way i see it is...we have realised that very simple natural processes can, over huge time spans, create great complexity which gives the impression of design.
      This isnt proof that life or the universe wasnt designed, but it is a phenomenon we have observed in nature which requires no supernatural mysterious designer.
      Plus the so-called 'design' seems massively flawed. The chaotic hostile fight for survival in nature, or the violence seen in the formation of stars and planets looks more like the work of natural forces than a brilliantly orchestrated plan.

Comment

Intelligent design leaves a problem though.
        If there was indeed a designer of life, who created the designer?
        If the theory is that something so complex couldn't have evolved to be that complex, so an intelligent being (God) stepped in and created it, then shouldn't the same theory apply to the intelligent being?
        Last edited by JJRod; 05-13-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          You are not the first to feel this way, nor will you be the last.

However...

This problem which is often referred to as the irreducible complexity issue has been thoroughly debunked. Even Richard Dawkins book 'the blind watchmaker' would be a good starting point as to why the argument doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

However - there is a related, but more fundamental mystery, which has not been debunked. The mystery is to do with how we can find ourselves in a universe which seems to have physical laws tuned for the creation of life.
          You've got to be kidding me. Richard Dawkins had been already exposed countless times a very by John Lennox and William Lane Craig as a clown that doesn't even defend his points. Lennox exposed his book "The God Delusion" as nothing more than a rant against religion rather than actual criticism itself. Most scholars had mocked Dawkins for his intellectual dishonesty during debates. It's funny how that's your source but it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            You've got to be kidding me. Richard Dawkins had been already exposed countless times a very by John Lennox and William Lane Craig as a clown that doesn't even defend his points. Lennox exposed his book "The God Delusion" as nothing more than a rant against religion rather than actual criticism itself. Most scholars had mocked Dawkins for his intellectual dishonesty during debates. It's funny how that's your source but it doesn't surprise me.
            I'm pretty sure you are a pedophile.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              I'm pretty sure you are a pedophile.
              And now I'm sure why you are dishonest in debates because you are following a dishones man.

Richard Dawkins....you have got to be kidding me with that crap. There is a danger ahead to people when a biologist gets out of the lab to teach about religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                And now I'm sure why you are dishonest in debates because you are following a dishones man.

Richard Dawkins....you have got to be kidding me with that crap. There is a danger ahead to people when a biologist gets out of the lab to teach about religion.
                Yeah, still getting a real strong 'molester' vibe from you.

Have you been convicted yet? If no, do you think you ever will be or that you will get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  what is time?? who created the time tables of time?
                  God did doe!!

Ask the bible what time is - they reference it a lot!

Nobody "created" time - it just is.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                    God did doe!!

Ask the bible what time is - they reference it a lot!

Nobody "created" time - it just is.
                    God created time, space and matter... Read the very first verse of the Bible...

Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 (NIV)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

"IN THE BEGINNING" this is Time..
                    "THE HEAVENS" this is Space...
                    "THE EARTH" this is Matter...

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                      God created time, space and matter... Read the very first verse of the Bible...

Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 (NIV)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

"IN THE BEGINNING" this is Time..
                      "THE HEAVENS" this is Space...
                      "THE EARTH" this is Matter...
                      Aye - because a book written a few thousand years ago that talks about 900 year old people, and violently stoning slaves, etc. it is so true!

I honestly can't get my head around how some people believe these "holy" texts.

The conclusion I have come up with, why people (WITH AN IQ ABOVE 80) believe in "The Christian God, or Allah" is because: 1.) Culture, peer pressure, "fitting in," etc. They don't want to publicly voice their disbelief because their family all taught them to believe that, and just about everybody at their work, in their community, etc. believes it. And they simply want to feel like they are a part of it. Or they "don't want to disappoint their parents, family, friends."

You know the one type of president we've never had, and likely won't have for another few decades? One who publicly claims atheism, or publicly rejects the notion of a Christian-Judeo God from the bible, or an Allah.

And, the big reason: 2.) They are too mentally weak to live with the fact that when they die, that's all she wrote baby! DONEZO, THE END..

Another reason, that partially ties in with the above, is "fear of going to hell." They figure - "well, if I'm wrong, oh well, no harm no foul; BUT if hell is real, and supposedly I'll go there by not accepting Jesus, or believing in God, well, that's an easy choice to make!

I HATE talking about this issue - it's so overplayed, and the way SquealPiggy used to come off in his debates, turned me off (and he's an atheist too). I can't stand self-righteous atheists like that - they are worse than most religious people. Most religious people ARE cool, regular folk. There are A LOT of atheists who wear it as some sort of badge of honor, or intellect. It's highly pretentious and annoying.
                      Last edited by Cheek busting; 05-13-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X