Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign boxers fake stats to land lucrative fights with UK champs, a Georgian insider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign boxers fake stats to land lucrative fights with UK champs, a Georgian insider

Bouts with heavyweights Dereck Chisora and Dillian Whyte are among nearly 100 alleged to have been hit by the scam
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...nsider-claims/

I suspect this happens elsewhere as well

brings the sport into disrepute when people are happy to send fighters who are at this level into world level opponents for the sake of a £1000

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      brings the sport into disrepute when people are happy to send fighters who are at this level into world level opponents for the sake of a £1000
      I'd say it reflects even worse on the match makers who allow these chancers into the ring with their fighters, not to mention the BBBofC. They should surely know more about these people than just their BoxRec records

And I feel like I've seen some sketchy looking records from Thai and Argentine fighters too, among others

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        I'd say it reflects even worse on the match makers who allow these chancers into the ring with their fighters, not to mention the BBBofC. They should surely know more about these people than just their BoxRec records

And I feel like I've seen some sketchy looking records from Thai and Argentine fighters too, among others
        Thats the problem though isnt it.. it cant just be on the BBBofC, they arent international. There is no international governing body.

If anything its on Boxrec and their flawed system with little policing.

I mean.. when theyre rep says, "Georgia is on the very naughty list".. how long for? what have you done so far? what are you doing in future?

mongs

Comment

Thats the problem though isnt it.. it cant just be on the BBBofC, they arent international. There is no international governing body.

If anything its on Boxrec and their flawed system with little policing.

I mean.. when theyre rep says, "Georgia is on the very naughty list".. how long for? what have you done so far? what are you doing in future?

mongs
          Well it's the BBBofC sanctioning fights on British soil involving fighters they know absolutely nothing about

Comment

Well it's the BBBofC sanctioning fights on British soil involving fighters they know absolutely nothing about
            But using a system they and other countries governing bodies trust.

They're being told by boxrec, "our system is legit" but it isnt..and boxrec have only just stated now that it isnt which is why its become such a surprise.

The BBBofC are wankers at times.. but even they would never willingly want this sort of ****. They may have been naive, but only as naive as every other country that uses the boxrec system.

Hence why this is definitely going on in the states too.

Comment

But using a system they and other countries governing bodies trust.

They're being told by boxrec, "our system is legit" but it isnt..and boxrec have only just stated now that it isnt which is why its become such a surprise.

The BBBofC are wankers at times.. but even they would never willingly want this sort of ****. They may have been naive, but only as naive as every other country that uses the boxrec system.

Hence why this is definitely going on in the states too.
              Well you can't expect BoxRec to employ officials to personally verify every result that gets submitted to them. They have to rely on the word of sanctioning bodies to a large extent. There's not much they can do if the sanctioning bodies wilfully mislead them. That said, a reputable first world regulatory body like the BBBofC really should be more diligent in making sure that everybody who sets foot inside a ring under their jurisdiction is a known quantity

Comment

Well you can't expect BoxRec to employ officials to personally verify every result that gets submitted to them. They have to rely on the word of sanctioning bodies to a large extent. There's not much they can do if the sanctioning bodies wilfully mislead them. That said, a reputable first world regulatory body like the BBBofC really should be more diligent in making sure that everybody who sets foot inside a ring under their jurisdiction is a known quantity
                yeah..i supose.

Can you imagine a call between BBBofC and georgia boxing federation? lol

so.. we have one of your fighters signed for a bout against Dillian Whyte on the Matchroom Boxing card.. can you verify his last fights location and opponent please?

EEEERRRR.. noo..noo.. but was definitely not in field against goat.

Aaahh ok sound m8 we'll take it from here then

Comment

Working...
                X