Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will receive the Floyd Mayweather treatment first...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will receive the Floyd Mayweather treatment first...

Spence or Wilder? Who will be the first to have fans(pay to see them lose?)

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
    I don't think it's really in either of those guys DNA to cherrypick the best time to fight the best guys they will ever face like Floyd did so that dynamic ain't there

Comment

Like Floyd both will have fans and as soon as one starts to really move PPV units like Canelo one did, you will see forum scum come up with stupid theories to take credit away.

For example Spence gets no credit for having fans or being a draw. All the sales for the Spence/Garcia PPV were driven solely by Mikey according to some posters.

Comment

BOTH! Which will = a lot of $$$ for them

Nothing wrong with being the Villain

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Like Floyd both will have fans and as soon as one starts to really move PPV units like Canelo one did, you will see forum scum come up with stupid theories to take credit away.

For example Spence gets no credit for having fans or being a draw. All the sales for the Spence/Garcia PPV were driven solely by Mikey according to some posters.
          Well if they call themselves the best ever after running and hugging their way to victory, while fixing everything down to what aspirin the opponent takes they will get people to pay to see them lose I can assure you that.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Well if they call themselves the best ever after running and hugging their way to victory, while fixing everything down to what aspirin the opponent takes they will get people to pay to see them lose I can assure you that.
            Usual lies from you. Carry on.

Comment

Neither one is as good or will ever be as good as Floyd skillwise or at playing the villain.

Spence is too much of a nice guy to get that much hate, so Wilder will get that "Mayweather treatment" you're referring too, but he'll likely lose before he become a big enough draw for fans to pay to see him lose.

Plus Wilder is much more likeable and down to Earth than Floyd ever was.

Comment

Neither in my opinion because I don't feel either will reach such status. There was never any questioning Mayweathers position as the #1 aside from Pacquiao for a few years.

Mayweather is going to be remembered as one of the best in boxing history likely in top 3 on many peoples list all biased fans aside.

Whether people want to admit it or not Mayweather was a special fighter in his time along with Pacquiao and what he is doing even at his older age in this current moment.

Fans and spectators often brush this aside but those two aren't just regular pfp but some of the best to ever do it.

I don't see that with Spence because it would require him to just dominate 147 to 160 which I truly don't see happening. He still hasn't established himself as the #1 at welterweight and he is around 29.

Now if Wilder just starts knocking everyone out for his last few years against live competition then maybe. Problem is he is already up there in age.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Usual lies from you. Carry on.
                  Really? Had your crush not came up with that Money May persona, with that safety first style he would have fought in as much obscurity as guys like Whitaker, Hopkins, and Winky Wright.

Who actually would pay big bucks to see that spoiler style? Only his die hards like you and Larry.

Comment

Maybe Wilder but not Spence. He seems quite likable. He doesn't take any lip without giving some back but he is usually respectful to his opponents. He has an eye pleasing, nice to watch fighting style. I root for him to win, not lose. Wilder is fun to watch in the ring but can be loud and annoying outside the ring. I don't want him to lose either and hope he KOs Fury. If he fights Ruiz I might root for Ruiz but if Wilder wins I would not be sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X