Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does being unbeaten really mean? The glory days lost but never forgotten!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me get this right, if Mayweather had losses he would be greater?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      It means a lot if you are fighting top fighters,champions and have been doing it for almost 20 years and have gone through multiple divisions...being undefeated has to mean something as when a fighter loses on here he is trashed(except certain fighters) called hype jobs,say they were exposed and or overrated...so you tell me which is it?
      That is a great accomplishment Larry, considering what era they are in. My point is look at the process of negotiating a fight today. "Are they fighting on my network?" "Are they signed with my manager?" "Can I sell a lot of PPV's with this fight?" "Which fight I can make the most money?" These questions were irrelevant back then. They are sticking points now. Fighters today limit themselves by doing this. Their resume could be even better without these politics.

Comment

This thread was for undefeated fighters in general. Not just mayweather. You have to look at guys like Leo Santa Cruz, Peter Quillen, Adonis Stevenson, and so on. Fighters who really benefit from the politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Did you even read the ****ing thread? Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            no...If mayweather fought the best....he would be considered great....win or lose!

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
              Hes a Mayweather fan. Only can read in short burst. Titles only! :AYWOoD:

Comment

This thread was for undefeated fighters in general. Not just mayweather. You have to look at guys like Leo Santa Cruz, Peter Quillen, Adonis Stevenson, and so on. Fighters who really benefit from the politics.
                Adonis Stevenson is not undefeated

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Hes a Mayweather fan. Only can read in short burst. Titles only! :AYWOoD:
                  Yeah, seriously. I'm pretty sure he just read the title and commented.

Comment

You said if they're undefeated they are cherry picking. If he lost to 5 of those "cherry picks" would he still be cherry picking? Lets discredit a fighter for being good.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      Adonis Stevenson is not undefeated
                      My mistake but he does benefit from the politics although he does look like a moron now considering what Kovalev is doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X