Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridiculous biased scorecards ruining boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous biased scorecards ruining boxing.

Anyone else feel disappointed and let down as a fan of the sport by dodgy scorecards these days?

Look at the Smith v Abraham fight. I'm not saying Smith was robbed, i did have him slightly ahead but a swing the other way i can deal with. But to give him just 1 round on one of the score cards, aside from treating the fighter in a terrible way, it's also a kick in the teeth and an insult to boxing fans.

This isn't aimed at this fight specifically, but we've seen it happening time and time again. It's not even like they're disguising a biased decision with a close score card, now they don't even care, they just fill in a ridiculous score card like it was filled in before the fight and stick with it. Look at the Bey fight on the Mayweather undercard.

I know boxing is a business and everyone has an agenda but i sometimes feel these score cards are a big insult to boxing fans who's money pay to keep the sport going at the end of the day. If we wanted scripted results, we'd watch WWE.

I fear it's only going to get worse too.
Working...
X