No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr actually look like he's on okay shape for once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr actually look like he's on okay shape for once

EDIT: Made a huge mistake. The first two pics I originally had here were not recent.

These two are from today for sure though.

Last edited by BlueBettle; 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM.

He does look OK. I still can't stand him though and I hope Vera beats him again.

Comment

Would be nice to see him taking things seriously. After the failed drug test and the questionable performance in his last match. He obviously hasn't been training to his full potential. I would like to see him fight Golovkin to give Golovkin a little more of a test. Chavez is a pretty durable guy and he can hand out some pretty good punishment when he is operating at full capacity. Would be a pretty entertaining matchup.

Comment

I love Chavez jr, he would KO marvilla in the rematch. I hope can pick up at 68 and fuvk mans up.

Comment

Chavez jr. will beat Vera again, by ko this time.

Victory blunts and burritos at maxy's house.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
            Chavez jr. will beat Vera again, by ko this time.

Victory blunts and burritos at maxy's house.
            I'll bring the Corona and get completely smashed if Vera is KOd.

Comment

he does look better than normal. sometimes his face and chest is stairght up chubby.

that guy is huge. huge. he's probably no less than 200 lbs in that picture. how on earth he made 160 is beyond me.

oh, wait.

Comment

This embarrassment to Vera might be the best thing to ever happen to Jr. Maybe, just maybe he will understand what opportunity he has and takes this sport seriously for the first time.

Comment

He's not gained as much weight this time, at the moment at least.

It's tolerant of Vera to put up with 3 raises of weight, the win taken away form him, and then facing him again knowing he'll likely be messed around with weight again though.

I hope Chavez loses because there's a few too many folks wanting a piece of the Chavez name as an easy fight before he has too many losses. Namely Ward and Froch, whom are both mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    He's not gained as much weight this time, at the moment at least.

It's tolerant of Vera to put up with 3 raises of weight, the win taken away form him, and then facing him again knowing he'll likely be messed around with weight again though.

I hope Chavez loses because there's a few too many folks wanting a piece of the Chavez name as an easy fight before he has too many losses. Namely Ward and Froch, whom are both mismatches.
                    If you are a boxing fan you should be rooting for Chavez Jr and I will tell you why.

First off, there's this misconception that Jr is a bum, far from it. He went 12 rounds with a very good version of Martinez and had him all but KO'd in the last round.

Second, while he may not be what his father was (and never will be) he's a good fighter when he comes in shape and prepares for a fight. He's made big strides in the last few years and has improved, the problem is his weight and work ethic which I will agree is terrible.

If Chavez does manage to get his **** together, we could see some big time fights that would be great for the sport. He has a great chin, power and could at least make some interesting fights at 168 and up.

If Vera wins, we see a journeyman fighter (no disrespect to Vera) move on to what? No big fights or interests there for Vera, let's be real.

Comment

Working...
                    X