No announcement yet.

Name 3 current hype jobs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    So again I ask is Canelo a talented fighter in your opinion. Yes or No?
    I haven't seen a thing to convince me.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      What about GGG?

He was Sturms mandatory for two years and he ducked him repeatedly.
      Daniel Geale was stripped of a title for not fighting GGG.
      Pirog pulled out after injury.
      Peter Qullin turned him down which would have been on hbo.
      And of course so did Chavez and Martinez as well as N'Dam.

So you're willing to make excuses for Canelo but u trash Golovkin?
      Why should Geale be forced to do Sturms dirty work immediately???

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I haven't seen a thing to convince me.
        So using your logic, before Broner beat DeMarco you didn't think he was a talented fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Why should Geale be forced to do Sturms dirty work immediately???
          Because that was part of the deal with the WBA and Geale KNEW that going into the Sturm fight. He knew that if he won he would have to fight Golovkin immediately as his mandatory fighter, since Golovkin was waiting for 2 years. Geale not only lined up Anthony Mundine but it looks like he's going to fight Sam Soliman after that assuming he wins. He wants no part of Golovkin, that much is clear. He'll make some decent Australian money off those two possibly three fights and likely retire.

Another funny fact is after Sturm lost, and Golovkin beat Proksa, Golvokin still offered Sturm a fight and Sturm turned it down yet again!
          Last edited by ИATAS; 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM.

Comment

So using your logic, before Broner beat DeMarco you didn't think he was a talented fighter?

Correct. He wasn't impressive before then to me. After PDL got robbed he seemed like an overrated hype job.

Comment

Correct. He wasn't impressive before then to me. After PDL got robbed he seemed like an overrated hype job.
              I didn't ask if he was impressive. I asked if you think Broner was a talented fighter before he beat DeMarco.

Impressive or talented. Pick one bushbaby. Which is it?

Comment

He's been lights out ever since. I felt the same after that fight. He's been scarily dominant since you have to admit.
                Last edited by studentofthegam; 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Golovkin offers to fight Peter Quillin, HBO wants it.

Peter Quillin said it's a "great fight" that the "fans would love" BUT said the fight needs to be built up more:
                  “I’ve been building my name here in the States, in this country for a while now and he just burst on the scene. He just came out of nowhere and they already label him this thing right now. You know I went from HBO to Showtime and this is my second performance on Showtime so is it that easy for a guy just to come out here and they just ready to put money behind him? Now it’s about organizing my team to make sure the fight makes sense in every aspect for myself. Not just for the money but for the legacy part and the promotion” shared the New York native.

And then Peter signs to fight Guerrero

Comment

I didn't ask if he was impressive. I asked if you think Broner was a talented fighter before he beat DeMarco.

Impressive or talented. Pick one bushbaby. Which is it?
                    I see you're being picky. Why don't you tell me what your definition of talented is so that I may answer accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Because that was part of the deal with the WBA and Geale KNEW that going into the Sturm fight. He knew that if he won he would have to fight Golovkin immediately as his mandatory fighter, since Golovkin was waiting for 2 years. Geale not only lined up Anthony Mundine but it looks like he's going to fight Sam Soliman after that assuming he wins.
                      Forget what the alphabet groups say for a sec since its going against their own rules..... He won the title he should have a window to work with before he faces his mando

I don't blame him for not fighting Golovkin immediately after Sturm since Sturm was given so much leeway

Comment

Working...
                      X