No announcement yet.

Where Does Camacho Rank In The All Time Puerto Rican List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
    Camacho's chin was the best in Puerto Rico history.
    Third best if you ask me. He had a great chin, but great movements and tactics as well. His holding and constant moving made him hard get get two or three consecuitve flush shots on him.

I would put Ortiz and Laporte above him.

LaPorte would have made the top 10 of my list if he was a better boxer. But throughout his career he was a great puncher with a great chin. Made fighters like Nelson and Chavez look terrible, but his ability wasnt enough to beat them.

Comment

p4p skill wise.... he ****s all over tito and cotto

Comment

Going off the top of my head, Top 10 probably.

But at the bottom end.

Comment

If you talk about skills and physical abilities, I think Camacho is, by far, the best ever in Puerto Rico, as well as one of the greatest Hispanic fighters of all time and one of the best lightweights ever.

If you talk achievements and how they realized their potential, then Camacho is top 5.

1. Gómez
          2. Trinidad
          3a. Camacho
          3b. Benítez
          5. Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
            If you talk about skills and physical abilities, I think Camacho is, by far, the best ever in Puerto Rico, as well as one of the greatest Hispanic fighters of all time and one of the best lightweights ever.

If you talk achievements and how they realized their potential, then Camacho is top 5.

1. Gómez
            2. Trinidad
            3a. Camacho
            3b. Benítez
            5. Cotto
            Where is Ortiz?

And there is absolutely no way Camacho is that high.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Where is Ortiz?

That's my personal list. I don't say it's fact but just how I see it. I've always seemed more appreciative of Camacho's skills than most. Being a champion in 3 divisions and having a resume like he did is my basis to rank him top 3 among PR boxers of all time.

Comment

That's my personal list. I don't say it's fact but just how I see it. I've always seemed more appreciative of Camacho's skills than most. Being a champion in 3 divisions and having a resume like he did is my basis to rank him top 3 among PR boxers of all time.
                Camacho was certainly a showman and nice to watch but his resume isn't too great let's be honest. It is good though, for sure.

I think there's definitely an argument for him to be in the HOF. I'd like to see him there.

But his resume pales in comparison to the likes of Ortiz, Gomez, Benitez, Trinidad and I don't think I'd rank him over DeJesus or Torres even.

Comment

1. Gómez
                  2. Trinidad
                  3a. Camacho
                  3b. Benítez
                  5. Cotto
                  Where is Ortiz?
                  lol Major omission..

Certainly not comparable to Benitez, no way.

Comment

Camacho was certainly a showman and nice to watch but his resume isn't too great let's be honest. It is good though, for sure.

I think there's definitely an argument for him to be in the HOF. I'd like to see him there.

But his resume pales in comparison to the likes of Ortiz, Gomez, Benitez, Trinidad and I don't think I'd rank him over DeJesus or Torres even.
                    I think he is a surefire HOF and that's not because he just passed and I'm high on him. I have always felt he had ATG skills but was severely underrated because of his attitude and behavior.

His wins include Limón, Chapo, Ramírez (who was very similar to Chávez back in 1985), Boza Edwards, Mancini, and Pazienza. I would say his resume is slightly better than Benítez', who beat Cervantes, Palomino, Hope, and Durán. The Durán win is better than any win on Camacho's record but, overall, I am more impressed by Camacho's. To me, Gómez and Trinidad have better resumes as my list already reflected.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Certainly not comparable to Benitez, no way.
                      He's not even near Benitez. Benitez is an ATG. Camacho is a boarderline HOF'er, IMO.

Ortiz, Benitez and Gomez are the only 3 ATG's to hail from Puerto Rico IMO and are the Top 3 from there by quite a margin.

Then there's Trinidad who's a boarderline ATG IMO.

Then a lot of the rest are arguable from the remaining Top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X