No announcement yet.

Ray Robinson, Pacman, Ali Is Third-"Greatest Ever"Voting Over, Debate Begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    Well that is why it should never be a fan based voting style. I think they should get the greatest and most respected minds in boxing and go off of their votes.

FWIW I feel Barrera is higher at FW than Pacquiao. Yes pac won, but Barrera run at FW was one of the greatest runs in modern times

My FW rankings
    1. Willie Pep
    2. Henry Armstrong
    3. Salvador Sanchez
    4. Sandy Saddler
    5. Marco Antonio Barrera
    6. Prince Naseem Hamed

BTW Im a pac fan but how the **** is he the greatest FW off all time when he only had 4 fights there? He beat Barrera, had a draw against Marquez but his other two wins weren't nothing to brag about. Yes Manny is an all-time great but sometimes some of this just gets ridiculous.

Top to bottom this is a great post. I agree 100%. Hes an ATG but Top 3? I mean lets get serious here. That voting just shows the lack of knowledge Pac fans have on boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
      Goddamn Marquez rules!

I never get tired of watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
        Goddamn Marquez rules!

I never get tired of watching that.
        I never get tired of watching this.

Comment

pacmans name doesn't belong in the same sentence as Ali and now hes greater? wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by poofdatruth View Post
            >
            thats cause valero cant do that right.other then the knockdowns what else can you show us,NOTHING

Comment

http://www.greatestever.com/

I wouldnt take that website serious. It ranks 1,992,328 on Alexa. Just to give you a summary of how far off the ranks that website is, Boxingscene.com ranks 6,465.
              What about the rest of the fight, do you get tired of watching that?
              Last edited by Zarco; 02-22-2010, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Ray Robinson, Pacman, Ali Is Third-"Greatest Ever" Voting Over, Debate Begins
                By Ron Borges

Over 500,000 votes worldwide have been tallied and the results are now in. What they prove is that while time marches on one constant remains in boxing – the unassailable greatness of Sugar Ray Robinson.

While many might quarrel with the idea that Manny Pacquiao is a greater fighter than Muhammad Ali, as the voters in The Greatest Ever Boxer competition decided by putting the Filipino Flash ahead of Ali in the vote for all-time greatest boxer, no one could eclipse Robinson, who fought his last fight 44 years ago and has been dead for 20 years yet lives on not only in the minds of fight fans but in the deep respect held for his vast set of skills.
                wtf? pacquiao is not the filipino flash

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                  Well that is why it should never be a fan based voting style. I think they should get the greatest and most respected minds in boxing and go off of their votes.

FWIW I feel Barrera is higher at FW than Pacquiao. Yes pac won, but Barrera run at FW was one of the greatest runs in modern times

My FW rankings
                  1. Willie Pep
                  2. Henry Armstrong
                  3. Salvador Sanchez
                  4. Sandy Saddler
                  5. Marco Antonio Barrera
                  6. Prince Naseem Hamed

BTW Im a pac fan but how the **** is he the greatest FW off all time when he only had 4 fights there? He beat Barrera, had a draw against Marquez but his other two wins weren't nothing to brag about. Yes Manny is an all-time great but sometimes some of this just gets ridiculous.
                  Hamed over Pacquiao is a joke.

If Pac's accomplishments at FW weren't good enough I don't see how anything Hamed accomplished at that weight was better.

You can make a case for the rest of them though.

Comment

That is why they call it a "VOTING" Joke or not, majority wins

Comment

Originally posted by rob_tC View Post
                      there's no doubt by now that pacquiao has surpassed alis greatness and on his way to becoming THE greatest of all time by continuing to accomplish incredible things. inevitably he'll surpass sugar as well when all is said and done. we all know that's the truth and i'm glad to see pacquiao getting acknowledged and recognized before he retires. most fighters' greatness don't get recognized until they're retired and by future generations.
                      co-sign bro, pac really deserved all of this and i very much agree on the list. MANNY PACQUIAO

Comment

Working...
                      X