Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stiverne Rejects Luis Ortiz Fight: I Have Bigger Fish To Fry!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Here go folks throwing Stiverne under the bus like he didn't just waste an entire camp, and tens of thousands of dollars to already do an eliminator. I don't typically defend fighters not wanting eliminators but he's got a point, he did everything that was asked of him and now he's being asked to do it all again because Povetkin got caught roiding dirty.
    I agree with you. The guy waited 2 years for Vitali & never got to face him. He fought & won 2 eliminators, won the title & was forced to fight Wilder. He lost & was set to fight Povetkin & then Sasha fails a drug test. I think he is standing by & waiting to see if Don King can pull a few strings like he has done so many times in the past. Let's see what the WBC decides.

Comment

Stiverne must think he can just get another shot but I believe he should earn it. If Wilder/Parker falls through (something I strongly suspect) that puts Wilder in a predicament for his next fight after Washington. Stiverne clearly wants to take advantage of that but should not be allowed to go down like that. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        Lol such as who???

Absolute melt
        Yea no kidding.

He's basically shook, Ortiz is a top HW and Stiverne has a good chance of leaving the ring with Berto Alien eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          I agree with you. The guy waited 2 years for Vitali & never got to face him. He fought & won 2 eliminators, won the title & was forced to fight Wilder. He lost & was set to fight Povetkin & then Sasha fails a drug test. I think he is standing by & waiting to see if Don King can pull a few strings like he has done so many times in the past. Let's see what the WBC decides.
          You cant seriously believe he wanted to face a prime Vitali klitchko ? King purposely milked him so much his BEST win EVER was in 2013 against shot Arreola and thats dating back where he started his career in 2005 where then Austin who convienently lost prior to fighting him is his first relevant name in 2011 ......Stivern shouldn't have even won his last fight to an aged journeyman , CLEARLY King panned his career AROUND the Klitchkos !You guys making it sound like he had some hardship and is being screwed now ?
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-11-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Would have been an interesting fight with the way
            Ortiz looked lately. Anyways, Stiverne needs to get in the ring and work his way back. Eventually this fight might be made. Why would any fighter sit around and wait for the big fight. Seems to be a pattern lately. It has become a true recipe for failure.
            Last edited by TBear; 02-11-2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              "I Have Bigger Fish To Fry"

bruh, you haven't fought in 14 months
              Lol he's talking about Wilder rematching him a few months after Wilder beats another bum.

Hahah Wilder is pathetic enough to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I respect that, cool. Ask yourself though, if you had just been in that spot yourself would you tack on another opponent between you and a shot at a title (undeserving or not)? I don't think anyone here answer that as "YES".
                You saying Stiverne deserves the shot without fighting an elimination? I understand why he feels he shouldn't have too but I don't agree with that, he was brought because a guy was considered to have tested dirty. Now Stiverne wants to pass on an eliminator himself ! Sounds like he's trying his hardest to avoid Ortiz which is understandable, no one wants this guy !

Comment

I thought it was chitlins, fried chicken, and watermelon that blacks loved so much? What's this "bigger fish" that Stiverne speaks of, I wonder?

He has to get past Ortiz to get a shot at Wilder for the whatever-alphabet-title-Wilder's-holding, soooooo... It's not really a skipable fight for Stiverne if he wants to compete for a championship anytime soon. Man up and fight Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    So you think Stiverne was hard done by he had to face two immediate mandatories upon picking up the vacant belt, falling at the first hurdle. That's a great rule, forces the top guys against each other early doors, and as many phrophersied the best would switch hands regular with VK freeing it up, I expect Wilder would have lost it in his first defence too if he'd have fulfilled his mandatory obligation in imeditately versus Jennings.

Don King ain't pulling shyt, he attempted to have Stiverne avoid Wilder his first defence and failed. Dude is about to lose his ranking and I expect Pulev to pass also, is Whyte next having won a semi elimination against Chisora ? I'll settle on Whyte vs Ortiz.

Comment

Sounds like his team has something else up their sleeve. Ortiz is about as big a fight he can get currently.

Comment

Working...
                      X