Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Headline First Boxing Event at New Las Vegas Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
    this is good for boxing, however i did hear a while back that the first event that will be held in that particular arena will be a ufc ppv.
    The first event at the arena will be a concert (The Killers). The first ufc event will be in july for ufc 200. So the canelo fight will be the first combat sports event in the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
      The first event at the arena will be a concert (The Killers). The first ufc event will be in july for ufc 200. So the canelo fight will be the first combat sports event in the arena.
      oh ok, good to hear. that must have been a false rumor then.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
        No idea who I want to see Canelo fight. Not Monroe...I'd like to see Lemieux fight Monroe. Rosado is an obvious Canelo win, but I like Gabe and the guy has certainly paid his dues + would deserve a pay day like that. Still, I really don't want to see it either. Damn, idk...
        Paid his dues or not ...he has still lost 4 out his last 6 fights and it's not a competitive fight...so in that aspect rosado should not be chosen and if he is chosen then it's a soft option and a hard sell on PPV ......I'm all for voluntary defences but voluntary and nothing fights are two different things....canelo will need to at least pick somebody with a pulse if he wants respect and good PPV buys....as what you said rosado is a good guy but that's not gonna cut the mustard ....we will see

Comment

look for the ugly little twerp canola to drag some unranked inactive fighter up from 154 and force him to fight at canolas weight class of 155

Comment

No idea who I want to see Canelo fight. Not Monroe...I'd like to see Lemieux fight Monroe. Rosado is an obvious Canelo win, but I like Gabe and the guy has certainly paid his dues + would deserve a pay day like that. Still, I really don't want to see it either. Damn, idk...
            I dunno man, losing against Charlo, Lemule, Golovkin, Quillin, and Love (before the NC), and beating Clottey isn't my definition of 'paying his dues'.

I'd like to see Canelo fight Jacobs.

Comment

It's good for boxing to be the first combat sport in the new LV Arena.

Comment

Canelo finally has his dates.

Comment

Still, I really don't want to see it either. Damn, idk...
                  Yea the only legit makeable fights I think are interesting in any way would be BJS, maybe Lee, maybe Ndam.

Obviously GGG isn't happening til Sept. at the earliest & I got strong doubts about that. Jacobs isn't likely to happen. Lemiuex could be a sleeper for May, but it sounds like he's got his own Canada date thats on the table (either via pushing back that date or if it were to happen early enough in the year to allow him to fight on May 7). No reason for a Cotto rematch. Quillin is off the map between his L & him being with PBC. Maybe Eubank could be a sleeper here too, but seems like him & his dad are into winning the list of UK/Euro belts before they do anything vs the elite of the division.

I like Monroe, but he'll have been sitting for a year which is no good. And Rosado hadn't won a fight in like 3yrs previous to beating a 38yr old Clottey. That these two are being mentioned & not guys like BJS, Lee or Ndam seems to indicate they are looking for a rather bs fight.

Comment

As much as I like/did like Canelo I wouldn't shed any tears if he lost. Fed up with this 'let it marinate' culture. It is a cancer for the sport.

Comment

Good stuff.... anyone got an idea of who he's fighting? Rosado?

Comment

Working...
                      X