No announcement yet.

Robert Byrd did not say judges screwed up, Fake Twitter account

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Byrd did not say judges screwed up, Fake Twitter account

In an effort to restore referee Robert Byrd’s good name, I will formally come out and say that my previous article reporting him as labeling the Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward decision a ‘screw up’ was untrue. It apparently derived from a fictitious Twitter account made in his name. For this I sincerely apologize to Robert Byrd himself as well as all of our readers.

Oddly enough, this wasn’t exactly an instance of just running with a social media story as soon as it unfolded. I had actually looked into the account in question and it was a conversation with a reputable boxing writer on there that convinced me that the account was indeed authentic. That was my mistake and my mistake alone, so I am formally retracting that story.

Hopefully there is no harm done to Byrd as there was no intent to falsely attribute that statement to him. The Kovalev-Ward fight has enough legitimate controversy without needing to manufacture any more.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/11/2...ges-screwed-up

Steve Kim and Doug Fischer are the ones that have been retweeting the account.

You write for Bad Left Hook? That's pretty dope.

Comment

It did seem inconsistent. He clearly favored Andre Ward during the fight.

During the fight he kept admonishing Kovalev, yet he never said anything to Ward for his illegal tactics such as wrestling, arm-clamping and holding.

Comment

Clarke with his Sharp mind LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

Steve Kim and Doug Fischer are the ones that have been retweeting the account.
          Surprise, surprise^.

Comment

Doug Fischer making fake twitter accounts

Comment

This is still on front page Yahoo.com.

It leads to another page that gives a snippet of the article.

If you click on 'Read More' from said snippet it leads to a 404.

Comment

In other news...

Comment

Anyone with half a brain knew it was fake. It was either freedom or golovkin. Golovkin has like 20 fake twitters and makes terrible photoshops.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    It did seem inconsistent. He clearly favored Andre Ward during the fight.

During the fight he kept admonishing Kovalev, yet he never said anything to Ward for his illegal tactics such as wrestling, arm-clamping and holding.
                    Ive never seen a holder continually put himself in a head lock .

Arms over the top is holding , Ward was constantly trying to get his hands free in the tie ups , it was a Kov tactic to tie him up on the inside by wrapping his arms over Ward like a bear hug , Kov used his size well .

Learn some boxing dude you been here long enough to write a book and you still dont know basic stuff .

Comment

Working...
                    X