No announcement yet.

Feedback on some hobby boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on some hobby boxing

Sup, first time poster here. Would like some feedback on my boxing, I have no official training and been training for about 5months on my own using youtube. Not planning on doing any fights or such but trying to be quite serious in my training focusing on technique etc..

(Since I am not allowed to post urls, you can find the videos on my youtube channel GeneralBarabbas. The videos are titled Some boxing.... fyi im not trying to promote my channel as I basically have nothing of value there. Thanks)

I am the one with red t-shirt and white sweatpants,

Ty!

Originally posted by galnegunnar View Post
    Sup, first time poster here. Would like some feedback on my boxing, I have no official training and been training for about 5months on my own using youtube. Not planning on doing any fights or such but trying to be quite serious in my training focusing on technique etc..

(Since I am not allowed to post urls, you can find the videos on my youtube channel GeneralBarabbas. The videos are titled Some boxing.... fyi im not trying to promote my channel as I basically have nothing of value there. Thanks)

I am the one with red t-shirt and white sweatpants,

Ty!
    Welcome to the forum, Galnegunnar.

Could you take us through your usual week of training over these last five months? Just to get an idea of how much work you're putting in.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
      Welcome to the forum, Galnegunnar.

Could you take us through your usual week of training over these last five months? Just to get an idea of how much work you're putting in.

Cheers!
      Yes, that would give us something to work with.

Comment

Well roughly I have been working out 5-6 times a week and around 1,5h per session (not including stretching and warmup).

Recently got a job so I will have to reduce the time per session, will try to increase the quality of the work out tho.

I am that kind of a person that goes into stuff 110% so I my starting position was overweight (still am) around 32BMI (175cm 104kg, currently 98kg). I had not done any sort of training for the past like 4-5 years, I have worked on my mental health and basically been sitting by the computer 12-16h/day with unhealthy eating.

So because of this I have injured my knee 2 times, currently somewhat injured. This is because of overtraining most likely and insufficient warmups. I have injured my hand also in the beginning (my hands was not used to it and I gave them a pretty good beating without wraps, I have since then bought some wraps )

I hope this gives u guys a better view!

Comment

Originally posted by galnegunnar View Post
          Well roughly I have been working out 5-6 times a week and around 1,5h per session (not including stretching and warmup).

Recently got a job so I will have to reduce the time per session, will try to increase the quality of the work out tho.

I am that kind of a person that goes into stuff 110% so I my starting position was overweight (still am) around 32BMI (175cm 104kg, currently 98kg). I had not done any sort of training for the past like 4-5 years, I have worked on my mental health and basically been sitting by the computer 12-16h/day with unhealthy eating.

So because of this I have injured my knee 2 times, currently somewhat injured. This is because of overtraining most likely and insufficient warmups. I have injured my hand also in the beginning (my hands was not used to it and I gave them a pretty good beating without wraps, I have since then bought some wraps )

I hope this gives u guys a better view!
          How are the injuries now?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            How are the injuries now?
            Currently my knee is ok, I take it easy at the start and when I feel warm I pick up the speed to a comfortable pace, I try to avoid rolling too much or deep.

Unfortunately I contracted another injury today from my workplace, I got a new job last monday and been sitting by the computer all day (no problem there), the problem is that my office is ****. I got a bar stool with no back support or padding for the butt. My desk is too high when sitting and too low when standing so I have contracted "mouse arm", basically pain in my shoulder, elbow and wrist/hand. Switched the hand I hold the computer mouse with and started feeling pain in that arm aswell..

Not going to do some boxing the coming days and focus on doing body weight lower body excercises instead to give me arm and shoulders some rest.

Comment

Working...
            X