Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Ali vs Prime Marciano: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the original computer results that the bout could go both ways.
    One had Ali winning on points the other with Rocky on top by tko!
    What was more interesting was both mens comments on each other. Granted both were not in fighting condition but fighters have an innate feeling how they judge one another. Ali felt that Marciano could be his most difficult opponent because he had power in both hands and was fast on his moves inward. Ali thought he would have to be in top condition and probably win on rounds.
    Marciano comments after their computer filming was over was "I would have killed him"!
    That pretty much sums Rocky's attitude up.

I believe it would have been better than Ali / Frazier One, because I believe Marciano would have a better attack on Ali. I love Joe's competitive nature but Rocky could punch with two hands and both Joe & Rocky had very good jabs when they used them.

I would lean towards Ali athletic ability and his will to win to get a decision.
    I actually knew people who fought Marciano and they're respect for his game was very high.
    I know I'd pay to see it! Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 05-20-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

ali

Comment

It's a tough call, Ali was dropped by Cooper so its possible Marciano can hurt Ali. But look at Marciano's ko's these men were infact today's Light Heavys/Cruiserweights.

Ali was a 210+ pound man with the fleet of foot. I envision Ali winning on points but with Ali having to shoot punches down at the crouching Marciano, Marciano would be pummeling Ali every chance he gets.

Comment

Tough one, if they fought 10 times it could be 5/5 just due to the nature of their styles. I give the advantage to Marciano because he dictated his fights and I believe he'd dictate Ali. Ali wasn't unstoppable and his inside game can't touch Marciano's. If Frazier could get to him what makes people think Marciano wouldn't? Very close but 5.5/4.5 in favor of Marciano.

Comment

Ali, in his sleep.

Seriously, boxing like any sport is all about levels and Marcian is not even in the ball park. Ali would constantly wrong foot Marciano, hut him with jabs and right hands and just repeat. He wouldn't even have to use his full repertoire of punches to get the win.

Marciano has power and heart so he would keep coming, using his head as defence lol. Maybe he'll have some success late, maybe a KD but nothing more.

Comment

Ali UD or late stoppage

Too big
              Too fast
              Too skilful

Marciano don't stand a chance, a punchers chance maybe!

Comment

First of all this is a close fight, no Ali does not do a cakewalk. The proof is in the pudding (cake, pudding, no wonder I am gaining weight!).

Frazier and Ali gives us an idea. In a sense we have to have an opinion about Marciano compared to Frazier and how Ali was in his physical prime. First off: Ali (like Louis) was an obviously incredible fighter in his prime, but Ali gained a lot of his ability in his wisdom when he matured a bit. He was still very good when he fought Frazier.

Now how does Frazier compare to Marciano? Marciano was as relentless, he had power and foot speed like Frazier, and many people think he was better....I tend to think him and Frazier were both swarmers with an attitude and cut from a similar cloth...Rock was a lot more technical than people think, watch films of his fights and break em down like Barry does for some of the Modern guys. Suprise!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  First of all this is a close fight, no Ali does not do a cakewalk. The proof is in the pudding (cake, pudding, no wonder I am gaining weight!).

Frazier and Ali gives us an idea. In a sense we have to have an opinion about Marciano compared to Frazier and how Ali was in his physical prime. First off: Ali (like Louis) was an obviously incredible fighter in his prime, but Ali gained a lot of his ability in his wisdom when he matured a bit. He was still very good when he fought Frazier.

Now how does Frazier compare to Marciano? Marciano was as relentless, he had power and foot speed like Frazier, and many people think he was better....I tend to think him and Frazier were both swarmers with an attitude and cut from a similar cloth...Rock was a lot more technical than people think, watch films of his fights and break em down like Barry does for some of the Modern guys. Suprise!!!!
                  If you're talking about Barry from Million Styles, the dude can break people down but his own bias gets in the way of breaking down the opposition of his favorites. IE Watch anything involving Floyd. The dude nutrides Floyd harder than a lot of people on this site. So when you watch his breakdown, you have to do a lot of work yourself when trying to obtain proper information.

Comment

Theres a whole lot of **** Frazier was able to do to be effective that i doubt Marciano could replicate. The fight would be rather different imo.

I think Frazier was a lot more accurate. Rocky had a lot of trouble tagging Moore clean when he was exhausted on the ropes.

The subtle head movements he was doing caused Marciano a lot of problems even without punches coming back. He was swinging himself off balance trying to load up on the right. These problems were also evident when he fought Louis. His swings were awkward and a bit predictable when he was given lateral movement. Thats why Moore and Walcott dropped him iirc.

Frazier never showed this problem. I would account this to faster hands on longer arms and different punch selection (not better mind you, just more difficult for a moving target to avoid).

Frazier was also able to bully Ali. Ali was a very strong man but Frazier was stronger still. Stronger than Marciano, I believe. The only time he looked like he was out of his depth was against George Foreman. Maybe Chuvalo (another incredibly strong man).

I dont think Rocky has much of a chance in this one. He wins rounds but not enough of them. These levels of movement and speed are very difficult for a less gifted fighter to overcome with a technical approach.

Ali 10-5

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Ali by decision or stopped on cuts..

I do think it would be pretty competitive and Marciano would have his moments but overall I think Ali would have too many advantages and be able to beat rocky

Comment

Working...
                      X