• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Anthony Joshua appearances cancelled on ESPN

Source:
    https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/s...200352769?s=19

Network wars are getting ugly.

That's dumb. But if you noticed, they didn't really cover Pacquiao/Broner all that much either. Not sure if this just started in the new year or what, because they were promoting Wilder/Fury fairly heavily leading up to the fight.

Comment

Damn, that sucks, was looking forward to seeing him on Kellerman's show today

Comment

Makes sense I guess. I Doubt they'll really cover Canelo-Jacobs on ESPN either.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Makes sense I guess. I Doubt they'll really cover Canelo-Jacobs on ESPN either.
          Why does it make sense? ESPN has never been one to only cover their own events. Did they not promote Mayweather/McGregor every single day leading up to the fight? Did they not promote Wilder/Fury? They had no problem promoting fights on HBO/SHO for the longest time but now don't want to do interviews with Joshua? This just recently changed. Joshua was on first take a few months back and they didn't mind then. So I wonder why the change all of a sudden. ESPN is the worldwide leader in sports. They have been more transparent than other networks when it comes to promoting PPVs and just sports on other networks.

I just want to know what the sudden change is all about. Barely promoted Pacquiao/Broner, and now are doing this to Joshua.

Comment

Looks like they don't want a Joshua-Fury fight to be brought up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Why does it make sense? ESPN has never been one to only cover their own events. Did they not promote Mayweather/McGregor every single day leading up to the fight? Did they not promote Wilder/Fury? They had no problem promoting fights on HBO/SHO for the longest time but now don't want to do interviews with Joshua? This just recently changed. Joshua was on first take a few months back and they didn't mind then. So I wonder why the change all of a sudden. ESPN is the worldwide leader in sports. They have been more transparent than other networks when it comes to promoting PPVs and just sports on other networks.

I just want to know what the sudden change is all about. Barely promoted Pacquiao/Broner, and now are doing this to Joshua.
              The boxing/network wars are heating up! Thats what it means. I bet you hear a lot more about Crawford vs Khan on ESPN than any other fight in the next 2 months.

Comment

bytch move by ESPN and a pattern that has only gotten worse since ESPN started becoming a player in boxing. For years they were neutral because they aired nothing but small level ESPN Friday Night Fights. The big fights all aired on other networks so they simply covered and reported on the sport based on the level of important of the fights.

Now they are putting their fingers on scale and it's not just DAZN since ESPN signed with Top Rank they have been doing the same with Showtime. Fights that are far more significant that aired on Showtime or FOX get's less reporting then fights that have less importance but aired on ESPN.

Just watch Crawford/Khan a garbage fight NOBODY wants will be reported on and treated like a bigger fight by ESPN then Spence/Garcia, Canelo/Jacobs, Joshua/Miller. ESPN is supposed to cover sports not just the ones they have airing rights to.

Comment

Lol. Protecting Fury, who they've just made a big investment in.
                  Suck being a fan sometimes. All these suits getting in the way of actual fights ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    The boxing/network wars are heating up! Thats what it means. I bet you hear a lot more about Crawford vs Khan on ESPN than any other fight in the next 2 months.
                    Again, ESPN has always been different. They are a 24/7 sports news station that covers sports around ALL networks.

All of a sudden to change their way for freaking boxing is hilarious to me. We are talking boxing here, a niche sport. I bet that is a HUGE statement they are making by not bringing Joshua to ESPN today!!!!!

Look at the numbers boxing shows have been doing on ESPN compared to UFC. Do you really think boxing is a game changer in terms of numbers being done? HELL no, so no reason to act petty here. ESPN's brand has never been to cover just ESPN events or ESPN PPVs, they been covering EVERYTHING.

So yeah, actually it doesn't make much sense at all in what they have been doing lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X