Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Don't Think Fury Did Deal To Jeopardize Wilder Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Don't Think Fury Did Deal To Jeopardize Wilder Rematch

NEW YORK Anthony Joshua was as surprised as anyone when he learned Monday that Tyson Fury signed a co-promotional agreement with Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc. The IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion suspects he would've taken more criticism than Fury if he had been the one to agree to a deal that would've further complicated making a fight against rival Deontay Wilder. He's not sure, however, that Fury signed with Top Rank and ESPN simply to avoid facing Wilder in an immediate rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

AJ, like him or not, he is a class act.

Comment

My sentiments exactly; If Tyson Fury was so keen on the rematch, then why didn't he just wait after the rematch was over and then announce his new ESPN deal? It's because he wasn't as confident that he would win the rematch. There was always the strong possibility that he would have lost and if he had, then that opportunity for fighting on ESPN would have gone out of the window.

Comment

These clowns want fans to pay them millions to fight nobodies and then call themselves real champs...foh

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          My sentiments exactly; If Tyson Fury was so keen on the rematch, then why didn't he just wait after the rematch was over and then announce his new ESPN deal? It's because he wasn't as confident that he would win the rematch. There was always the strong possibility that he would have lost and if he had, then that opportunity for fighting on ESPN would have gone out of the window.
          Yeah he should have postponed his 80 mill deal... You groupies are unbelievable.

Let's hope Bob doesnt f@@ck up the rematch...

He's a duck he took a 80 mill deal cause hes too afraid of the guy he outboxed badly lol

Comment

What he really wanted to say is I know Fury ducked the rematch lmao

“He could’ve signed the deal after [fighting Wilder again]. But it’s very interesting. I don’t know why he would’ve done that deal if it would’ve jeopardized the fight.“

I don’t blame Fury and his team if they take some soft touches. Fury was nearly killed in the ring and it’s very possible he suffered some type of head injury after the second knockdown. His power is not significant enough to avoid the top punchers in the division the guy got put down by Steve Cunningham. his chin is below average he needs to work on those thing before he faces the big punchers like Joshua and Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
              Yeah he should have postponed his 80 mill deal... You groupies are unbelievable.

He's a duck he took a 80 mill deal cause hes too afraid of the guy he outboxed badly lol
              Are we sure it’s an 80M deal? Has it been confirmed by anyone other than top rank? Last fighter who supposedly signed a multi million dollar deal with Arum had it terminated after his first fight

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post

This isn't some footballer contract where the money comes to Fury no matter who he fights. According to Top Ranks DeBoef, the dollar amount is contingent on Fury fighting both Wilder and Joshua. Not sure what his guarantees are for other fights but you have to assume that those two fights take up a large portion of the approximately $100M reported value of the contract.

How badly could he have outboxed Wilder if he got floored twice. To me, if it were anybody but Wilder, the fight would be described quite differently. Nobody says Joshua was getting his ears boxed off or outboxed badly by Povetkin before Povetkin slowed and Joshua ended him. Wonder why....

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Are we sure it’s an 80M deal? Has it been confirmed by anyone other than top rank? Last fighter who supposedly signed a multi million dollar deal with Arum had it terminated after his first fight
                  So Fury signed a fake deal to avoid the rematch in which he took Wilder to school minus 2 huge shots by Wilder?

You guys are too focus on hate and who is ducking who depending on who you root for.

I want to discuss boxing with fans, not groupies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    This isn't some footballer contract where the money comes to Fury no matter who he fights. According to Top Ranks DeBoef, the dollar amount is contingent on Fury fighting both Wilder and Joshua. Not sure what his guarantees are for other fights but you have to assume that those two fights take up a large portion of the approximately $100M reported value of the contract.

How badly could he have outboxed Wilder if he got floored twice. To me, if it were anybody but Wilder, the fight would be described quite differently. Nobody says Joshua was getting his ears boxed off or outboxed badly by Povetkin before Povetkin slowed and Joshua ended him. Wonder why....
                    So Fury wasnt outboxing Wilder badly? Is that what youre trying to say?

Comment

Working...
                    X