Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Criticize Me, Not Gervonta Davis, For His Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Criticize Me, Not Gervonta Davis, For His Opposition

LOS ANGELES Floyd Mayweather's message was crystal clear. If you have a problem with Gervonta Davis' opponent Saturday night, or any of Davis' opposition since he became Davis' promoter, Mayweather wants you to blame him. Or Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather Promotions' CEO. Anyone but Davis himself.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Blame all them. And chose favorite fighters out of fighters who force these ppl to get the big fights for them. These ppl work for the fighters. Anything said about opponents is fighters faults. Unless other big fighters just make excuses and don't want to fight. Like Spence making excuses why he won't fight Crawford. And Mikey and tanks excuses for not wanting take on Loma. The two P4P fighters of these times. Disgusting.

Comment

If Tank is saying "it doesn't matter", then yes he's to blame. Even in private conversation this man can't call someone out???

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
        Blame all them. And chose favorite fighters out of fighters who force these ppl to get the big fights for them. These ppl work for the fighters. Anything said about opponents is fighters faults. Unless other big fighters just make excuses and don't want to fight. Like Spence making excuses why he won't fight Crawford. And Mikey and tanks excuses for not wanting take on Loma. The two P4P fighters of these times. Disgusting.
        Still making up lies & hatin' I see....Funny how you quick to blame them but won't dare blame the promoter (bob) who has BEEN proven to stop or delay fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Whatever - They do what's best for them and try to make easy money.

Issue is WBA, that is suppose to ensure fair competition in the sport and legimacy of world title fights, best contenders getting their shots - are just running along with Mayweather promotions to leech money.
          They should be the one saying: Wait a minute, You want to be world champion - so there's responsibility here. Fight Albert Machado or give the belt up for fighters who want to compete with the best.

Another issue is Showtime, that are suppose to provide best fights for it's subscribers... and They are selling crap instead.

As for Gervonta, at least call it as it is and stop pretending that You're trying to fight good fighters.
          That's straight bullshet. They are the ones MAKING fights & have schedules in place. Show us WHO is doing it better, we'll wait.

Comment

Thank you Floyd! Looks like both you and Tank are growing up!

Davis and Mayweather Promotions Turn the Page
            ESPN

As the months passed after his encounter with Cuellar, Davis was unafraid to express his dissatisfaction with the way his career was being moved and aired his grievances out publicly in regard to Mayweather Promotions. And he wasn't afraid to engage with those who questioned him...

Davis wasn't just antsy to fight, he seemed downright disgruntled with the whole arrangement with Mayweather Promotions, and it seemed his relationship with Floyd Mayweather was disintegrating. At times, this conflict seemed to be about more than just boxing.

"It was just that I was frustrated because I wasn't fighting, but I also know that things get hectic around the end of the year. I was getting into trouble, too," Davis said...

"We have these conversations -- and we had this conversation last night at dinner -- it's a process with this," Ellerbe said. "And having the patience and understanding and having the trust in your team. He's not with a team that doesn't know how to build a megastar. He trusts his team and he knows he's got to do his part, we're going to do our part. The sky's the limit.

"It was the same way with Floyd," Ellerbe recalls with a chuckle. "It's the same way. You know I've been there from day one. We had to go through it initially. He didn't get it. He didn't get it and he was frustrated. But then when it comes together, it comes all the way together."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ions-turn-page

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
              And what tough fights have Crawford been in? Just curious...Some of his best wins are guys Prospects/Contenders are dismantling.

Cut the *****. Your agenda is annoying. There's matchmaking across the sport for a reason..

Comment

manny been saying this for years.....

"The fighter’s job is to go out there and fight and be the best that they could possibly be.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  Whatever - They do what's best for them and try to make easy money.

Issue is WBA, that is suppose to ensure fair competition in the sport and legimacy of world title fights, best contenders getting their shots - are just running along with Mayweather promotions to leech money.
                  They should be the one saying: Wait a minute, You want to be world champion - so there's responsibility here. Fight Albert Machado or give the belt up for fighters who want to compete with the best.

Another issue is Showtime, that are suppose to provide best fights for it's subscribers... and They are selling crap instead.

As for Gervonta, at least call it as it is and stop pretending that You're trying to fight good fighters.
                  Please tell me who is doing a better job of fights than Showtime? I'll wait!

Comment

I just want to acknowledge that Mayweather actually said, "criticize me", not the fighters. That's the most "promoter-like" thing he's done.

Comment

Working...
                    X