Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Not Angered, Says "Fair Play" in Response To Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I’m a fan of Froch as much as George tbh.

But let’s be honest if George got him out of there in 1 round after that soundbite George would have retired on the spot.

Literally sparked him. Climbed out of the ring. Walked out of the arena in his boxing gear and walked the 300 Miles all the way home to London from Manchester.

Boxing. Done.
    nice, but you forgot "and then he woke up in his bed under the stairs"

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
      Froch won the second fight fair and square but Groves had the first fight in the bag. .
      he smashed him both times, wake up. Froch was elite, Groves was merely a solid world class. He was never going to beat Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        nice, but you forgot "and then he woke up in his bed under the stairs"
        Ha ha - he was damn close.

Even another 20 seconds or so in that round and he’d have to have had a shocker not knock Carl old cold. Even with Carl’s chin.

Crazy powers of recovery and heart and fitness from Froch to win that in the end.

I don’t even have a problem with the stoppage really. Carl was winning from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
          Froch spent even more time disrespecting Calzaghe to get his name in the spotlight, it's not like he doesn't know exactly what Groves' game was.
          Calzaghe wasn't bothered, Groves isn't bothered, it's just Froch's grudge he has nothing to gain from. If that's what he wants to do with his time then fair enough. No-one else involved is bothered about getting involved in his personal issues.
          they were all bothered, all of of them disrespected each other multiple times.

Comment

Ha ha - he was damn close.

Even another 20 seconds or so in that round and he’d have to have had a shocker not knock Carl old cold. Even with Carl’s chin.

Crazy powers of recovery and heart and fitness from Froch to win that in the end.

I don’t even have a problem with the stoppage really. Carl was winning from there.
            Froch has granite chin, even at 36, I dont think he would have stayed down, he never ever has, against better opposition even. He did the job and eclipsed Calzaghe's failure to defend against himself.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              Froch has granite chin, even at 36, I dont think he would have stayed down, he never ever has, against better opposition even. He did the job and eclipsed Calzaghe's failure to defend against himself.
              Can’t see that tbh. It was 1 punch KO against anyone else.

In the end you’ve got to be pragmatic and think his brain was sliding around in there.

Comment

Can’t see that tbh. It was 1 punch KO against anyone else.

In the end you’ve got to be pragmatic and think his brain was sliding around in there.
                and yet what we saw a few minutes later is Groves running away with his back turned, and smashed 2nd time too.

gotta go with reality,. not what baby G wants us to think in order to sell his rematch. Froch smash all day.

Reality rules in boxing.

Comment

I’m a fan of Froch as much as George tbh.

But let’s be honest if George got him out of there in 1 round after that soundbite George would have retired on the spot.

Literally sparked him. Climbed out of the ring. Walked out of the arena in his boxing gear and walked the 300 Miles all the way home to London from Manchester.

Boxing. Done.
                  I probably would have lol, or maybe gone on a tour to defend my 168 belt against absolute nobodies while I ride that victory my entire career lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I probably would have lol, or maybe gone on a tour to defend my 168 belt against absolute nobodies while I ride that victory my entire career lol
                    yes Groves should be respected for never shirking a challenge. He always went in no matter what the odds, hard. If only all boxers were like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                      Froch was worse with Calzaghe. At the time, their careers were at opposite ends for the fight to happen. Everyone knew it, Froch included. Maybe not getting the fight made him remain irritable.
                      No way was Froch worse with Calzghe, no way.
                      Can you actually remember Groves in the build up to the fights?
                      'He's crying' during that thing on Sky and all that other schoolboy ****. I thought Groves was obnoxious, I was impressed with how he fought in the first fight, I was still pleased when Froch stopped him both times though, he had in coming in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X