Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Not Angered, Says "Fair Play" in Response To Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never liked Froch his arrogance always annoyed me he couldn't handle living in Calzaghes shadow. Well said Groves you have more class than Froch has in his little finger, Good luck in your retirement bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Retiring at 30 with cash in his sky rocket.

He’s a bright guy too you could always tell that. That’s why he wound Froch up so much. Made Froch feel like a pleb from Nottingham
      In the build up to the first fight maybe yes. For the second Froch didn't get sucked in and just did his talking in the ring.
      I think Froch made him look like a prick when they did that handshake over the table and he nearly pulled him over.
      Froch did end up having the last laugh too didn't he...

Comment

Froch could have shown some class but I can understand where he is coming from especially because he is generally a classy guy.

If a snot nosed noob heckled me nonstop for months leading up to the fight, I would hold grudges too. I would beat his ass and rub it in every chance I get .

I dont understand where all this Froch should be classy is coming from. Groves disrespected him for months and months and now everything is supposed to be forgotten?

Comment

Shame Froch said those things but classy response from George. Carl achieved great things in the sport and so did George, everybody retires happy and wealthy fair played.

Comment

Well done George on being the bigger man and not lowering yourself to Froch’s level. All the best in retirement champ

Comment

Gotta give groves respect. I think hes retiring at the right time. He peaked at a young age and its been obvious hes been on the decline for a few years now. whether its down to the wars hes had or he just doesn't want it anymore.
              Hes achieved his dream of a world title the hard way and I wouldnt want to see him heavily dropped again, there's just no need for it because i can't see him competing for a world title again.
              And lets not forget it was Groves trash talking that made him and Froch household names in my opinion, in their two battles. If it wasn't for Groves, that first fight would have been a standard fare British scrap (World title, admittedly) but what Groves managed to do to Froch has caused those fights to go down in history as something special. Froch was a boxing star in his own right but i think he owes Groves a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Retiring at 30 with cash in his sky rocket.

He’s a bright guy too you could always tell that. That’s why he wound Froch up so much. Made Froch feel like a pleb from Nottingham
                what groves really used his brain for was to trick his fellow cokney geezers into paying for a fight that he got wiped out twice in.

but its true he has matured and learned to eat humble pie properly now, he was full of shyt when he was prime. all he is really saying with fair enough is recognising he was a *** back then but hes not anymore.

Comment

What else can groves do besides take it from Froch? There is nothing he can say because he got beat twice. It would be pretty silly actually if Groves talked sht.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    I've never liked Froch his arrogance always annoyed me he couldn't handle living in Calzaghes shadow. Well said Groves you have more class than Froch has in his little finger, Good luck in your retirement bud.
                    true, though once froch left joe behind joe reversed the illfeeling.

Comment

I didn't care much for Groves as a fighter but I certainly respect him for taking the high road!! Classy move on Groves part for not getting caught up in the ignorance of going back and forth!! Froch put some respeck on that man's name son lol haha

Comment

Working...
                      X