Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Crawford reach the top 100 ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    There isn't any great all purpose 100 greatest list. Almost nobody even has such a list. Do you actually have a 100 greatest boxers of all time list written down somewhere all in order from the greatest to the 100th greatest? I'll bet you don't have such a list because almost nobody really has a list like that. If you ask someone where a great boxer ranks among the all time greats they may give you a number but they are just guessing because they have no list. Some guys might have a 10 greatest boxers of all time list but that is as long as most lists ever get. One thing is certain and that is no 2 lists of the greatest 100 boxers of all time will ever be the same because such lists are based on personal opinion and no 2 boxing fans or boxing writers have exactly the same opinion. Crawford is one of the best boxers fighting today so you could just let it go at that.
    Good points.

Top 100 is so generic.

Hard for me to keep a top 30 P4P.
    I prefer to keep top 10/20 lists for lightweights(130-)
    Midweights (135-168)
    Light heavy (175-210)
    HWs (200+)

Just the normal early career draining thru filling out and fighting guys thier own size.

And for me....the evolution of the sport only truly took off during the Robinson/Louis eras.

The fighters before that were not typically highly skilled save a handful through out the entire sport....

Can't imagine how Dempsey could hang with Ward, Kovalev, Ali, Usyk on and on and on....

Comment

You need great contemporaries to make lists like that. No. Obviously.

Comment

Working...
      X