No announcement yet.

Thurman is hilarious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    I may watch it again sometime to see if I see anything different..but yeah live I thought Horn was the better man.

OK if you think it was all from punches that's cool
    You must not watch enough MMA because Horn's style is just like Randy Couture who made famous the word dirty boxing in MMA (randy was a US Army boxer btw so he had a boxing background as well as greco wrestling).

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      Nonsense, Horn wasn't allowed to use the same tactics in Vegas, had that been in Australia with that same ref, Crawford would of been clenched and done the exact same way.
      Yeah I just disagree I guess...I think Crawford tied up Horn well when Horn tried to get inside and reckless...he is just bigger than Manny and was able to do it with his size while Manny wasn't.

Tbh I think Manny and his team knew it was a tough fight after the fight happened...imo there is a reason why they never took the rematch...it was a bad matchup for Manny

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
        You must not watch enough MMA because Horn's style is just like Randy Couture who made famous the word dirty boxing in MMA (randy was a US Army boxer btw so he had a boxing background as well as greco wrestling).
        I actually like some good dirty boxing...I just never saw much too egregious from Horn...I admit it is hard to always immediately recognize the fouls imo...that's not really our jobs when watching the fight ya know...I am watching it to enjoy it and also to score it...the ref's job is to be looking for that stuff and to catch it.

Comment

Man I really hope Manny stays away from Spence...I kind of hope he loses this fight just so that fight doesn't happen...Spence may kill him
          Spence couldn't even knockdown or hurt garcia. Lol. If pac beat thurman, I really wish he fight spence next.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            Spence couldn't even knockdown or hurt garcia. Lol. If pac beat thurman, I really wish he fight spence next.
            Maybe you're right...I have always been high on Spence...didn't watch that whole fight vs Mikey but I was disappointed that Spence couldn't really get him out of there...I thought it would be done within 3 rounds.

Mikey came to survive though and I don't think Manny would do that...Spence is just too big for Manny imo...and Manny is too old

Comment

Therman will take a loss to get a kick back for setting up Pacman vs Mayweather.

Comment

Maybe you're right...I have always been high on Spence...didn't watch that whole fight vs Mikey but I was disappointed that Spence couldn't really get him out of there...I thought it would be done within 3 rounds.

Mikey came to survive though and I don't think Manny would do that...Spence is just too big for Manny imo...and Manny is too old
                I was thinking about this the other day and my gut is that Pac still has a legitimate chance with virtually anyone at 147 outside of Spence, Crawford and Ugas but those three would be a bridge too far at this stage.

Comment

Yeah I mean I legit saw him struggle with Jeff Horn and probably shaded that fight to Horn...so after seeing that I am just not sure what Manny has left...and unfortunately I feel like if it is in any way close...the pro Manny fans will score it for Manny and the people who don't like him will score it for Keith...I hate that when cards are filled out beforehand...but what can ya do.

Yeah idk why...I just have been finding him really entertaining...you can tell he likes and respects Manny imo...but he seems to really be enjoying this spotlight and role
                  Thurman has charisma. He’s a good talker and I like his personality, which is different for boxing.
                  Compared to someone like Spence, who is boring to me outside the ring, just playing video games, Thurman is the kind of personality that boxing needs.
                  I’ve always liked watching interviews and training docs with him since I first saw him about 6 years ago.
                  I don’t think he’s really playing the villain though. Anyone comes across as the bad guy when facing Pac, it’s like fighting Jesus lol. Thurman is just being himself, but the contrast to Pac’s religious humility makes look more ****y.
                  I have a lot of respect for Pac, but he also has always been boring to me, great guy that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
                    I was thinking about this the other day and my gut is that Pac still has a legitimate chance with virtually anyone at 147 outside of Spence, Crawford and Ugas but those three would be a bridge too far at this stage.
                    Yeah I mean Manny's career is one of the most incredible ones I've ever seen tbh...to start at as low of a weight as he did and still be a formidable fighter at WW in his 40s..very impressive...but Crawford and Spence...I just don't want to see him in with them...he deserves better.

Now if he really dominates Thurman maybe I'll change my mind and will let him make his own mind up about that one...we will see

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                      Thurman has charisma. He’s a good talker and I like his personality, which is different for boxing.
                      Compared to someone like Spence, who is boring to me outside the ring, just playing video games, Thurman is the kind of personality that boxing needs.
                      I’ve always liked watching interviews and training docs with him since I first saw him about 6 years ago.
                      I don’t think he’s really playing the villain though. Anyone comes across as the bad guy when facing Pac, it’s like fighting Jesus lol. Thurman is just being himself, but the contrast to Pac’s religious humility makes look more ****y.
                      I have a lot of respect for Pac, but he also has always been boring to me, great guy that he is.
                      I hear ya... yeah he really seems to be a unique entertaining guy...he is easy enough to take, I like him

Comment

Working...
                      X