No announcement yet.

What's next for Daniel Dubois?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    It should be Joyce but that clearly isn’t happening. I could honestly see them digging up a Sam Sexton or Gary Cornish types just to give him the 3 defences to win the British title outright.
    You don't think he can get a Martin or Washington or Chisora type next? Dubois could end up being a solid draw and it is obvious Warren is all in behind him. So Warren will probably be willing to pay the opponent solid money here.

How much sooner until Dubois starts getting on PPV? Over/under 2.5 fights?

Comment

I'm taking it easy still with DDD. No need to rush him into a top 15 guy fight. I'd probably throw him in with a Dominik Guinn or some other journey man who's not been hurt/KO'd & try to get him some more rounds. But I say you just keep him busy & learning. They are on the long game. And I'd plan to fight another prospect type guy like Junior Fa or someone like that in the next 6-9mos. I don't think I'd look to make a real run at a belt til 2020 with title intentions likely popping up in mid 2021 to early 2022 if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        Feed him journeymen to help him climb any rankings except the WBC rankings.

Keep him far away from fighters like Wilder or Ajagba who will destroy him.
        Oh sh^t. Dubois vs Ajagba. That sounds fun.

Idk about Ajagba "destroying him". I don't think we know enough about Ajagba yet. Hell I think we just learned a whole lot about Dubois this weekend. Hard to gauge these guys well when they are KOing fools quick usually.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          You don't think he can get a Martin or Washington or Chisora type next? Dubois could end up being a solid draw and it is obvious Warren is all in behind him. So Warren will probably be willing to pay the opponent solid money here.

How much sooner until Dubois starts getting on PPV? Over/under 2.5 fights?
          I’m fully on the Dubois train and personally I’d like to see them recycle Jennings to see how Dubois deals with him in comparison to Joyce. I just think Warren can be a little conservative when guiding his prospects, and I’m not criticising him for it cause his track record is excellent, but I think he’s gonna milk this British title situation or even send him down the WBO European/intercontinental route like he’s done with Yarde. I think it could be a while before he’s headlining PPV’s, he’s developing a fanbase but it’s nowhere the level of what AJ had when they first started putting him on PPV.
          Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 07-14-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I’m fully on the Dubois train and personally I’d like to see them recycle Jennings to see how Dubois deals with him in comparison to Joyce. I just think Warren can be a little conservative when guiding his prospects, and I’m not criticising him for it cause his track record is excellent, but I think he’s gonna milk this British title situation or even send him down the WBO European/intercontinental route like he’s done with Yarde. I think it could be a while before he’s headlining PPV’s, he’s developing a fanbase but it’s nowhere the level of what AJ had when they first started putting him on PPV.
            But Warren making the fight with Gorman shows he may be speeding up the process with Dubois.

You have to look though, which fighter is PPV right now in the UK that actually fights in the UK? Fury and Joshua fight on PPV, but they are fighting stateside. And Joshua may rematch Ruiz in NY where there is another PPV that takes place stateside. So there are slots open in the UK for PPV...With the fight actually happening in the UK. I'll go with three fights and Dubois is headlining a PPV card.

Comment

But Warren making the fight with Gorman shows he may be speeding up the process with Dubois.

You have to look though, which fighter is PPV right now in the UK that actually fights in the UK? Fury and Joshua fight on PPV, but they are fighting stateside. And Joshua may rematch Ruiz in NY where there is another PPV that takes place stateside. So there are slots open in the UK for PPV...With the fight actually happening in the UK. I'll go with three fights and Dubois is headlining a PPV card.
              That fight was mandated by the board though and both guys demanded it. Warren even admitted he wanted to wait and give it more time for build.

I think Dubois-Joyce coupled with a good undercard could maybe pass as a PPV but I don’t think you could put Dubois in with a foreign guy or a lesser known fighter and justify it being PPV. I’d be surprised if he headlines a PPV within his next few fights tbh but in saying that Whyte-Rivas is headlining a PPV next week so anything is possible haha.

Comment

That fight was mandated by the board though and both guys demanded it. Warren even admitted he wanted to wait and give it more time for build.

I think Dubois-Joyce coupled with a good undercard could maybe pass as a PPV but I don’t think you could put Dubois in with a foreign guy or a lesser known fighter and justify it being PPV. I’d be surprised if he headlines a PPV within his next few fights tbh but in saying that Whyte-Rivas is headlining a PPV next week so anything is possible haha.
                I mean wasn't Yarde and Buatsi mandated as well? Or could have been made for the British title?

I truly think that Warren really fancies Dubois against most HWs and will push him accordingly. He knows himself there are some open PPV slots with Joshua/Fury fighting stateside. We can revisit this later but I think three fights and he's on PPV. Probably against a Brit though, so you may be right about it being against Joyce.

Comment

I mean wasn't Yarde and Buatsi mandated as well? Or could have been made for the British title?

I truly think that Warren really fancies Dubois against most HWs and will push him accordingly. He knows himself there are some open PPV slots with Joshua/Fury fighting stateside. We can revisit this later but I think three fights and he's on PPV. Probably against a Brit though, so you may be right about it being against Joyce.
                  Not sure whether that was mandated but Yarde’s team were never interested in going down the British route, as they were always looking to just climb the WBO rankings.

I think he’s possibly ready for anyone aside from high IQ guys like a Fury, Ortiz or the freak punchers like a Wilder but on the other hand he’s only 21 and there’s no need to rush him. I just hope they give him good learning fights.

Hopefully they build towards a Joyce fight, I’ve got a feeling it might not happen though, I feel like Joyce is being rushed towards a world title and I thinks he’s an accident waiting to happen tbh. If I was Warren I’d get him in with Dubois ASAP cause I’m convinced Dubois would completely ice him.

Comment

Not sure whether that was mandated but Yarde’s team were never interested in going down the British route, as they were always looking to just climb the WBO rankings.

I think he’s possibly ready for anyone aside from high IQ guys like a Fury, Ortiz or the freak punchers like a Wilder but on the other hand he’s only 21 and there’s no need to rush him. I just hope they give him good learning fights.

Hopefully they build towards a Joyce fight, I’ve got a feeling it might not happen though, I feel like Joyce is being rushed towards a world title and I thinks he’s an accident waiting to happen tbh. If I was Warren I’d get him in with Dubois ASAP cause I’m convinced Dubois would completely ice him.
                    I guess Joyce is close to becoming the mandatory for the WBA title, so he's not fighting Dubois anytime soon.

Will be interesting in seeing how Dubois is moved over the next 12 months.

Comment

I guess Joyce is close to becoming the mandatory for the WBA title, so he's not fighting Dubois anytime soon.

Will be interesting in seeing how Dubois is moved over the next 12 months.
                      I think they might try and make Joyce vs Charr for the regular title, if Joyce won that they could likely market him as a viable option for Fury, Wilder or the Ruiz/AJ winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X