Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holzken Warns Callum Smith: Be Ready, I'm Coming To Beat You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeah! War... err... Holzken!!!

Sad thing is I actually favoured Braehmer for the upset here... a wily old vet with good defence on his home turf..

Holzken not so much.

Comment

be hilarious if holzken actually wins and then KO's groves in the final

Comment

I was just looking up this guy's Glory kickboxing resume the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
          This dude is gonna get beat up, no chance
          I definitely wouldn't say that, I think this is a much harder fight than a well past prime Braehmer who was never an A level figher to begin with.

The fact that you're saying that leads me to believe you don't know much about Holzken, who's a multiple time kickboxing champion and is a phenomenally talented fighter.

Watch some of his footage piecing up J'Leon Love in sparring 2 years ago to know that he can present some stylistic problems for Callum, great left hook, both up top and to the body as well as a great straight to the body.

Comment

Get ready for Holzken vs Eubank Jr in the WBSS finals

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              I definitely wouldn't say that, I think this is a much harder fight than a well past prime Braehmer who was never an A level figher to begin with.

The fact that you're saying that leads me to believe you don't know much about Holzken, who's a multiple time kickboxing champion and is a phenomenally talented fighter.

Watch some of his footage piecing up J'Leon Love in sparring 2 years ago to know that he can present some stylistic problems for Callum, great left hook, both up top and to the body as well as a great straight to the body.
              Kickboxing and sparring aren't any kind of indicator for how he'll do against a high level boxer. I've only seen a couple of Holzkens (boxing) fights and he didn't look too good.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post

I can't really speak for the quality of Holzken in a boxing ring, but I think you're probably underselling Braehmer here. 'Not 'A' Level' is fair enough, but he's a scrappy, wily vet who's been beating the best of the rest for over a decade and knows how to get the win... sure his age was against him as was the lower weight, but he's still more proven than the rest of Mundo's logbook put together. In the Deutschland? Pretty much 50/50 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X