No announcement yet.

Biggest robbery of 2017 in your eyes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
    I gave Horn the fight 7 rounds to 5. Pac won a few of the first 6-7 rounds on landing a few more clean punches, but Horn won more of those rounds because of his aggression and work-rate, and by default, landed more punches.

Horn came back strong after the 9th, which was arguably a 10-8 Pac round.

Guess this just shows how subjective boxing can be, and how different people can see different things.

Pac lost the fight more than Horn won it, doe..
    I don't care man if you think Horn won the fight because that's your opinion and I respect that but I just think you mixed it up. You should have said Pacquiao did nothing after 9th round, and IMO the first 8 rounds was close and he allowed Horn to follow up the last 3 rounds, but when you said Pac did nothing in the first 8 rounds when it is actually the last 3 rounds where he did little it is just waaay off

Comment

Farma v ogawa

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        I don't care man if you think Horn won the fight because that's your opinion and I respect that but I just think you mixed it up. You should have said Pacquiao did nothing after 9th round, and IMO the first 8 rounds was close and he allowed Horn to follow up the last 3 rounds, but when you said Pac did nothing in the first 8 rounds when it is actually the last 3 rounds where he did little it is just waaay off
        Let me clarify - he did LESS than Horn did. And compared to the Pac I have known and I grew to love, he did nothing.

Maybe I was just expecting Pac to look so much better and to control every round clearly, I ended up thinking Horn WON those rounds?

IDK - I was so disappointed in the fight, I haven't even watched it again.

I just remember Horn outworking Pac for the majority of the first 8 rounds, then Pac dominating the 9th, then Horn coming back a little bit to even it out.

I remember giving Horn like 5 of the first 8 rounds.

I'll have to rematch the fight.

Regardless, it was NOT a robbery however you chalk it up.

Pac vs Bradley I - THAT was a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          Canelo getting robbed of a UD vs golovkin
          Farmer vs ogawa
          Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
          Canelo getting robbed; Triple Flea got an ass whooping he’ll never forget
          Yeah pretty much what I saw too. Ca$h was just 2-3 steps ahead of MarGGGarito...making him miss, landing strong counters, and flat out out-boxing the guy.

Shame mainstream media are in UFC mode since Trump took office because the decision was clear as day for me :/

Comment

I'm a fan of Gamboa, but I really thought he lost that fight to Sosa. The Pac vs Horn fight felt like the Pac vs Bradley fight in many ways to me. Everything said Pac won to me & boxing history tells me that Pac is gonna win this fight cuz there is always a lean towards the "money guy/house fighter", but once again in a TR fight with Pac he gets robbed.

That Farmer fight wasn't a robbery at all to me. I thought it was close cuz Farmer gots that Canelo sh^t going on where he fights 1:45 of each round so opponents can swipe rounds from him easy cuz he just sorta gives them away. For Canelo it works cuz he's a money guy, but Farmer isn't even a great B side opponent for anyone let alone a money guy so he needs to start fighting 3 minutes per round.

Comment

Working...
            X