No announcement yet.

Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Unless you didn't watch the fight, I think it's safe to say that Judah's left was shut down after the early part of round four. Unless you disagree?
    He landed that left so consistently. I had it like 84% of left hands landed the whole fight by my punch stat.

How Mayweather was gifted the decision was beyond me.

Comment

If he gets KOed in the opening round, yes it could back fire. If the fight progresses and boxing Pacquiao like that is ineffective then no as he will go back to boxing him on the outside and letting Pacquiao chase him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Unless you didn't watch the fight, I think it's safe to say that Judah's left was shut down after the early part of round four. Unless you disagree?
        shut down is the right word
        very apperent by judah's workrate

at the cost of exaggerating, i could say pacquiao shut down cotto's hooks

get it?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He landed that left so consistently. I had it like 84% of left hands landed the whole fight by my punch stat.

How Mayweather was gifted the decision was beyond me.
          No adjustments whatsoever. Just ate left after left for 12 rounds. Kinda like Williams-Lara. Judges needed to be investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
            shut down is the right word
            very apperent by judah's workrate
            Yep exactly. Guess that leads us two conclusions. Either Floyd adjusted after the first third of the bout (as usual). Or he didn't have to because Judah crumpled. Phew.

Comment

I think if Floyd is too aggressive with Manny he will be fighting Manny's type of fight. Manny is an excellent puncher from unbalanced positions and aggressive fighters allow Manny to step around and have success landing hard shots from odd angles. I think it would be better for Floyd to force Manny to come to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                Mayweather will fight whatever style he feels is better for him against Pacquiao. He adapts better than any boxer, if he has to come forward he'll do it if he needs to counter punch and move around he'll do it too
                Floyd will do whatever, whenever, however to Manny. So I agree with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  floyd has zero power whatsoever. I repeat, ZERO POWER.

Ortiz said he punches like a little girl. The sucker punch that he wasn't looking and was standing regular (not in his boxing stance) doesn't count.

Floyd ain't walking down **** unless he wants to get hattoned, lets not forget floyd was seriously hurt against Zab and Mosley and we all know what Pac did to Mosley and would do to Zab "My balls are on my waist" Judah

If Money doesnt hit hard then please explain why so many stop advancing on him. Why has so many tough opponants with strong chins get koed by him. Two of them were undefeated and never even hurt in thier previous fights leading up to challenge the P4P king Mayweather. Just look at thier heads snapping back. Watch the ripples in thier body and the expression on thier face after body punches and chin shots by Mayweather. Any fool can see the man has TNT in those gloves. He is a very deceptive puncher. He applies power base on his opponants distance,range,position, and mental state in the fight. Mayweather covers all parts of the fight game. Hes a thinking fighter. Every move is thought out and every out come is considered. Chess is the name of the game. Its not about power. You must know when to holdem and know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run. True words of wisdom, hear it and learn it son. Pacquioa is a little kid that is in for a true learning experince on May 5, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
                    In recent fights Floyd has gone to a style where he is more aggressive and coming forward with his hands up high. He blocks and counter punches from that position. He did it against Mosley and Ortiz. Do you think he will use this style against Pac?

Marquez had success by taking a couple of steps backwards while Pac charged inside and countered Pac. Im not so sure Floyd wants to copy that style and move backwards.

It seems Floyd is more willing to be macho and take the fight to the opponent and prove a point. Could that backfire?
                    Floyd backs him up all night, Floyd wins..Pac cant fight stepping back.
                    he gets frustrated..and loses.
                    Last edited by American Dream; 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X