Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia on Spence: I Don't Duck Nobody; It'll Eventually Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    I get so tired of hearing the word duck. According to boxingscene bloggers everyone is ducking someone. Just because fights don’t happen when you want them to don’t mean a fighter is ducking. Boxing fans complain about everything. Usually it’s the overweight couch potatoes who never won a fight a day in there life talking about someone ducking
    I agree. If Spence rolls through 2019 without any of these top guys meeting him in the ring, I will scream coward and not just duck, but full on mallard with everyone. But two of these top guys are just back from injury, and Spence just put a strap on his waist. Right now, I think with Crawford entering the division (who has ducked no one) and Thurmond kind of being the top guy (sorry, Spence may be most talented, but Thurmond is the top guy) I am willing to let this division play out.

There are like 5 alpha males at 147. There is zero chance Spence gets left completely out as things shake free.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      He and Porter are playing the Thurman rematch card to duck Spence. its simple and plain
      Thats because whoever doesnt get Thurman gets Spence instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        these fights are gonna drag out. the Mayweather formula. you can't fault these guys for trying to get paid. If Spence was really that desperate he would put pressure on Haymon to make the fights. all this seems like a scripted play. it doesn't matter how many times you call them ducks all that publicity is making the fights bigger. if Thurman/Spence happens this year that sht will only be a major event for hardcore fans. kinda like Postol/Crawford. there's no money in the hardcore market which is why casuals need to be included. and that only happens by creating buzz and if they keep winning. if ppl still accuse Danny of being scared of somebody after he shut everybody up against Matthysse then I'm not mad at him doing whatever he feels like.
        T.B.E. never "dragged out" any fights. Get it right & don't follow the media or the casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Spence should just keep fighting, his profile is getting bigger and sooner rather than later his name would be the biggest at 147. It happened with Mayweather, he wanted to fight everyone but no one wanted to fight him, at the end of the day once his name was bigger than theirs they then wanted to fight him.
          BINGO! We have a winner! But of course they wanted Floyd when Floyd became the bank....

Comment

Spence would outwork Garcia and maybe stop him.Garcia would have his moments landing some big shots and good counters.

Comment

Spence is in a tough spot. He'll get his chance though, he just has to keep winning. The Garcia, Thurman, Porter situation will sort itself out and then he can go get the top dog

Comment

as much as we all give garcia **** for some of the fights he has taken hes not lying. whenever the public has asked him to fight someone he has done it period all the way back to fighting khan on short notice as a heavy underdog which is overlooked. hate garcia all u will and alot of the cherry pick talk is warranted at the same time hes stepped up to the plate every single time and fought the guy the public said he was scared of or wouldnt
                Last edited by Cinci Champ; 02-19-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Garcia has probably already told Haymon no way he wants that fight any time soon.

He told Spence two years ago that Spence had to build his name and earn it..........THEN, Garcia turns around and fights someone that Spence had already KO'd. Thurman did the same damn thing, fighting Collazo after turning Spence down. Collazo had just had his ass handed to him by the mighty Khan.

I'm losing respect for these guys fast. Same goes for Porter, who said Spence isn't on his radar because he already had that belt? What BS. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, call it what it is.

Comment

I noticed Danny "Tropical Mexican" Garcia never mentions Maurice Herrera.....I will never forget that fight because I thought danny was gonna k.o. Herrera but boy I was surprised when Herrera punished Danny "Tropical Mexican" Garcia .....Garcia does his ducking semi diplomatically....
                    Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 02-19-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Make not mistake it, Danny is a solid fighter BUT he always seems to end up with these gimme fights as if he needs to be protected.

Comment

Working...
                      X