Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: I'll Fully Dominate Groves, Take Him Out Between 6 and 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groves will stop him! GG is the more superior fighter!

Comment

Im backing grooves in this one!

War Grooves!

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Eubank has a lot of speed, pretty good stamina and throws a lot of punches but he cant get careless. He may think his chin is granite but he hasnt been hit by world class fighters. Groves can punch and is quick on the counter
        As a guy picking & betting Eubank Jr these are the things I'm most worried about.

I almost feel like the less exciting this fight is the better Eubank Jr's chances are cuz that means he's being overly careful. Being overly careful & abusing Groves with his speed, power + combos round after round I think gets him a wide decision or late stoppage & is the easiest path of victory for him.

If he's sticking around too much in front of Groves & trying to throw 15 uppercuts in a row or other outrageous sh^t thats when Groves can do some damage & win the fight.

A firefight is where I feel like Groves has his best opportunity & often Eubank Jr seems to prefer that type of fight with a unwilling participant who can't hang. Groves can hang. And thats why I'm looking forward to this fight cuz I think it'll be a fun watch whoever wins or comes up short.

Comment

I agree.

There's no way Groves can take all that physical abuse and vicious uppercuts for the entire fight. Groves may even be the better boxer here, but he's worn out and semi-shot at this point, IMO. All those brutal fights have a way of catching up on you. Good luck to Groves.

War Eubank Jr!

Comment

Eubank is the superior talent and full of confidence. That's a tough combination to beat. Eubank stops Groves, beats Callum Smith as well and then will be ducked by that coward Ramirez. Benavidez will probably have the guts to face him. That will be a great fight.

Comment

Gloves can't fight, he will be knocked!

Comment

It might earlier than that.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                  Why do people make out Groves is the only one with power?

Eubank has 17 stoppages out of his last 18 wins with only Abraham going the distance.

Groves couldn't stop Gutknehkt, Murray (blown up middle), Rebrasse, DeGale, Johnson, etc.

And to be honest other than a flash knockdown, Froch wasn't ever hurt in both fights.

Eubank is going to destroy him. It will be a war for as long as it lasts but Groves hasn't got the stamina to keep up IMO.
                  You may very well be right, but Murray and Degale have very solid beards. Only GGG stopped Murray and he took a hell of a lot before it happened. I doubt Eubank Jr. would stop Murray or Degale or beat them actually, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    Why do people make out Groves is the only one with power?

Eubank has 17 stoppages out of his last 18 wins with only Abraham going the distance.

Groves couldn't stop Gutknehkt, Murray (blown up middle), Rebrasse, DeGale, Johnson, etc.

And to be honest other than a flash knockdown, Froch wasn't ever hurt in both fights.

Eubank is going to destroy him. It will be a war for as long as it lasts but Groves hasn't got the stamina to keep up IMO.
                    Because if youve watched Eubank for he's whole career, you can see he's stoppages come from workrate. When he won he's title against Quinlan, he's lack of power was very evident at a level below world class. Groves is clearly the bigger puncher. Watching him ice similar level guys like Smith with one punch should tell you that. He's got several one punch bodyshot knock outs. And despite the fact that Froch is super tough, if you can't see that he was badly hurt in round one of the first fight I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

I have watched him for his whole career, and stoppages are stoppages. It's still an accumulation of power. It seems to only be Eubank that is degraded for not knocking everybody cold (what happened in his last fight, against someone supposedly much too big for him to hurt?

We will agree to disagree on Froch. It took 10 seconds for him to find his feet after being caught cold and then he took Groves full blooded shots no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X