great article and illustrations on the man from the 209

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great article and illustrations on the man from the 209

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12...-202-nate-diaz

paraphrasing what a guy in the comments section said it'll be a huge mistake to not have nick and nate fight on UFC 209.

it'll be ridiculous to not do that.

Comment

I love this quote & its so true.
      "PEOPLE WATCH MAYWEATHER BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SEE HIM LOSE. YOU DON’T GO WATCH A DIAZ FIGHT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE HIM LOSE. YOU WATCH A DIAZ FIGHT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE A FIGHT."
      And I dig the idea of the Diaz's on UFC 209, but thats so far out (I believe it'd be March 2017) & combat sports are such a rough sport + things can change on a dime it could be hard to line that up. But for sure if the opportunity is there they should do it. With the new owners of the UFC just now having taken the reins its hard to know what sort of angle they will end up taking too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I love this quote & its so true.

And I dig the idea of the Diaz's on UFC 209, but thats so far out (I believe it'd be March 2017) & combat sports are such a rough sport + things can change on a dime it could be hard to line that up. But for sure if the opportunity is there they should do it. With the new owners of the UFC just now having taken the reins its hard to know what sort of angle they will end up taking too.
        understood about the litany of variables that go into making a fight come off but if they're healthy, dana needs to get that done. i'm sure nate would give the headliner to his big brother.

wasn't the artwork sick?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          understood about the litany of variables that go into making a fight come off but if they're healthy, dana needs to get that done. i'm sure nate would give the headliner to his big brother.

wasn't the artwork sick?
          Yea cool ass artwork.

And unless its Conor vs Nate III (which probably wouldn't even be in play if Diaz wins again) I think Nick headlines. Could see Nate vs Alvarez in a title fight. Alvarez threw out some insults at Conor & Nate the other day so I assume he'd be down for that as a title defense.

And Nick seems in play for Woodley in a title fight although it does look like the UFC is pushing for Thomson getting the next shot. So Nick could just fight the winner. They could also go with GSP who's just started the 4 month USADA testing to get back into the UFC.

Comment

They will never fight on the same card. I remember reading a interview by Nick I believe who said it's already enough pressure worrying about your own fight and so having to watch your brother fight before you and the emotions that run through it adds even more anxiety and pressure since you're concerned not only about your own fight but your brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
              They will never fight on the same card. I remember reading a interview by Nick I believe who said it's already enough pressure worrying about your own fight and so having to watch your brother fight before you and the emotions that run through it adds even more anxiety and pressure since you're concerned not only about your own fight but your brothers.
              i've seen video of nate saying that but i feel they'd both get over it rather easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yea cool ass artwork.

And unless its Conor vs Nate III (which probably wouldn't even be in play if Diaz wins again) I think Nick headlines. Could see Nate vs Alvarez in a title fight. Alvarez threw out some insults at Conor & Nate the other day so I assume he'd be down for that as a title defense.

And Nick seems in play for Woodley in a title fight although it does look like the UFC is pushing for Thomson getting the next shot. So Nick could just fight the winner. They could also go with GSP who's just started the 4 month USADA testing to get back into the UFC.
                i'm pumped, dude. pumped.

Comment

Diaz is going to murk that Irish *** again!

Comment

"The best ****-talker in the game is Nate —€” and he don't even talk ****."

-Kurt Pellegrino

Comment

Working...
                    X