Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Joshua vs Klitschko do the most PPV buys this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Joshua vs Klitschko do the most PPV buys this year?

If not what will do the most buys and how much do you expect Wlad/josh and the other fight you're proposing will do.

You can't really compare US and UK PPV.

The UK PPV is like 17 £ and you get almost the whole card.
    In USA its like 70 for HD and you get 4 fights.

UK boxing fans are loyal as nobody else.
    The Brook PPV did something like 400,000.

Haye vs Bellew apparently did more than Joshuas fights on Box Office.

With that being said I do think it will be the most bought and watched boxing match this year.
    Don't know If it can break the UK record. I think Hattons fight with Mayweather holds the record with 1,2 or something like that.

I don't really count Mayweather vs McGregor. Obviously if that gets made it will do 2-3 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
      Don't know If it can break the UK record. I think Hattons fight with Mayweather holds the record with 1,2 or something like that.

I don't really count Mayweather vs McGregor. Obviously if that gets made it will do 2-3 million buys.
      1.2M is the UK record? That seems low for how lil they charge for UK PPV's, but maybe I'm too influenced with how much they charge in the US too idk lol.

Whats been Joshua's previous PPV numbers? I suspect he'll get a 75%-100%+ bump from whatever his biggest PPV number is for this one. So if he did 400k his best time out I think this one will be 700k-800k+. It'll be a nice bump up from his previous best thats for sure. And if 1.2M is the record I think there is a possibility this fight breaks that record.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        1.2M is the UK record? That seems low for how lil they charge for UK PPV's, but maybe I'm too influenced with how much they charge in the US too idk lol.

Whats been Joshua's previous PPV numbers? I suspect he'll get a 75%-100%+ bump from whatever his biggest PPV number is for this one. So if he did 400k his best time out I think this one will be 700k-800k+. It'll be a nice bump up from his previous best thats for sure. And if 1.2M is the record I think there is a possibility this fight breaks that record.
        Yes I'm pretty sure 1,2 is the UK record. You also have to remember the UK population is like 65 millions and the US population 320 millions.

Don't know with Joshuas numbers as Eddie Hearn never releases them. But I would guess between 400-800.

Hope the fight breaks the record and with UK boxing bigger than in a long time, it is a possibility.

Comment

1.2 million is the low estimate. In number of sales itll be the biggest PPV of the year.

Side note, crazy thing I learnt last week, Ali/Frazier in the UK was watched by 27 million, half the population stayed up til 3am, mental

Comment

I think this comfortably does 1 million buys here in the UK.

I'd also say that a higher proportion of UK fans watch en masse in pubs than the US fans who tend to watch at home in small groups or alone. There'll be thousands of pubs and bars that buy that card PPV around the country and those pubs can have anywhere between 50 and 200 people in them.

Boxing is just having a diamond run right now in the UK and it's great to be in a bar full of people going crazy for the home fighter whilst we're doing so well on the world scene.

Our PPV's cost less, and i think we get an awful lot more for our money in terms of those specific PPV's but an awful lot of people in the UK are payng anywhere between 40 -120 pounds a month for their TV, sport and broadband packages before we even think about PPV events, so if Sky even tried to charge over 20 quid for one they'd get lynched by the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              1.2 million is the low estimate. In number of sales itll be the biggest PPV of the year.

Side note, crazy thing I learnt last week, Ali/Frazier in the UK was watched by 27 million, half the population stayed up til 3am, mental

I can't even imagine how many people would watch Joshua vs Klitschko if it was on BBC One or ITV

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                I think this comfortably does 1 million buys here in the UK.

I'd also say that a higher proportion of UK fans watch en masse in pubs than the US fans who tend to watch at home in small groups or alone. There'll be thousands of pubs and bars that buy that card PPV around the country and those pubs can have anywhere between 50 and 200 people in them.

Boxing is just having a diamond run right now in the UK and it's great to be in a bar full of people going crazy for the home fighter whilst we're doing so well on the world scene.

Our PPV's cost less, and i think we get an awful lot more for our money in terms of those specific PPV's but an awful lot of people in the UK are payng anywhere between 40 -120 pounds a month for their TV, sport and broadband packages before we even think about PPV events, so if Sky even tried to charge over 20 quid for one they'd get lynched by the public.

Ohh wauw. That is a lot of money. What's like the cheaper amount if want the sports package?

Comment

Ohh wauw. That is a lot of money. What's like the cheaper amount if want the sports package?
                  Well... These are the Sky prices below.

Virgin are similar prices, and bear in mind these do not include prices for you having broadband, this is just TV.

Boxnation will also set you back an extra £12 a month if you arent with a provider that gives you the channel for free.

Cheapest option: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) = £36.50/month

Cheapest HD option: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) + HD Pack (£6) = £58/month

Cheapest bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) = £50/month

Cheapest HD bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) + HD Pack (£6) = £71.50/month

Pretty expensive isnt it, which makes it easier to understand why we dont pay as much for our PPV's.

Comment

Lowest is about £30, but noone gets that. We get screwed on the subscription, US gets screwed on PPV, its really a myth that we pay less. Sky puts a hell of a lot into publicising boxing, you can see them deserving a cut of the PPV, 50% for HBO is mental, doesnt seem like they do a lot at all for boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X